Severance Package Questions. Best to Get a Job Sooner Rather Than Later?

Anonymous

Question on severance package. Please help me understand this crap!

It was my understanding that we would get full pay up till the end of March if we did not find a new job before then based on a statement from HR. However, I am not sure how long they will extend medical benefits because it is not stated in what I read. Also, I thought severance was based on tenure and current base salary but the offer of severance does not match anywhere close to what I assumed it would be. Am I reading the wrong information or is what my DM told me in our phone conversation add up to nothing but BS? Can someone please clarify some of these things? This is my first time being downsized and it seems so overwhelming and sad.

Good Luck to all! Read it is best if you want to stay in rx sales that you start a job search sooner rather than later because the perception is that if you do so later and others have been hired, that in someway you are viewed less desirable the longer you wait.

<

It was my understanding that we would get full pay up till the end of March if we did not find a new job before then based on a statement from HR. However, I am not sure how long they will extend medical benefits because it is not stated in what I read. Also, I thought severance was based on tenure and current base salary but the offer of severance does not match anywhere close to what I assumed it would be. Am I reading the wrong information or is what my DM told me in our phone conversation add up to nothing but BS? Can someone please clarify some of these things? This is my first time being downsized and it seems so overwhelming and sad.

Good Luck to all! Read it is best if you want to stay in rx sales that you start a job search sooner rather than later because the perception is that if you do so later and others have been hired, that in someway you are viewed less desirable the longer you wait.

Read your packet- they address all of these issues you bring up very clearly. If you do not understand how they calculated your severance, call HR.

How many years tenure do you have?

Its very self explanatory on the severance package worksheet we each got. It breaks it all down by your weekly pay, tenure, weeks credited for ur tenure, extended benefits per your weeks credited for your severance.

Is that still confusing to you?

Dumbass!