• Fri news: New Novo obesity prospect linked to psychiatric side effects. Summit beats Keytruda in NSCLC. DermaSensor skin cancer detection device. Astellas digital health product. Sanofi MS data. See more on our front page

Severance Agreements

2-4K? If you take any severance, you sign away your right to sue. You’re gambling with a lot more than 2-4K - you’re gambling with your entire severance and you’re putting it on a losing horse. But, to each his own. Have at it if you feel so inclined.

why would you sue?

god, people here are so stupid.

the purpose of getting an attorney is to simply neg. a better severance, that the law guides, not what the company hopes gullible people will sign without consulting a lawyer that will help them get more.

why would you sue?

god, people here are so stupid.

the purpose of getting an attorney is to simply neg. a better severance, that the law guides, not what the company hopes gullible people will sign without consulting a lawyer that will help them get more.

You’re not going to negotiate anything. It will be a standard package and you’ll either accept it or you won’t.

You are an idiot beyond belief.

Lawyers are needed to keep corporations honest.

Severance packages are underpaid all too often.

Actually, I am a member of the Supreme Court of New Jersey. I regularly come to this site to make sure lawyers aren’t trying to take advantage of recently displaced employees. Tread lightly, Mr/Mrs Lawyer. You’re on my radar now.

Lesson Number 1: Don't sign anything without consulting a good attorney that you have properly researched.

You are going to get another 2-4X more money if you do this.

You are welcome.

You should get an attorney. A number of former Novo employees have filed class action lawsuits against the company and have been successful. A number have sued on their own and received a settlement. The decision making on who loses their job is arbitrary at times. You will never see the business rules.

100% Accurate! I know a few DBM’s who were severed without cause, declined the severance package and walked away with significant cash after NNI paid the attorney fees. Took a few more months to get paid but the final total was nearly double the original severance offer.