• Tue news: Regeneron fails to block Eylea biosimilar. Inside the GLP-1 price war. Novartis inks $1B biobucks deal. UCB/Biogen lupus drug. Lilly Alzheimer’s drug approved in Japan. See more on our front page

Seriously - Why do people stay at eisai?

Or did I pass them by? Fudge off I can be happy. Eisai is a good gig.

You didn't pass anyone up. You just said you were looking for start up and options and oh BTW all three of the recent start-ups pay well over Eisai in base and bonus. Sorry. Eisai is a good gig if you have no experience...crappy drugs, benefits, compensation, management, and culture...yeah sounds like a GREAT gig to me...again clearly you set the bar low for what is a "good gig".

Whenever I interview with other companies or speak to recruiters they all know the Eisai name. It appears to be synonymous with lay offs and unhappy people.

Is Aysi still going to have another round in March? Heard the psych drug did not get approval even the data was reanalyzes for the FDA. The guys on the third floor of WCL are running scare.

Is Aysi still going to have another round in March? Heard the psych drug did not get approval even the data was reanalyzes for the FDA. The guys on the third floor of WCL are running scare.

Running Scared??? Do you really think so? I think they stopped giving a crap a long time ago. I'm certain that they are all secretely praying that they're offered a package and fired.

Prediction: Another round at the end of March as PC sales continue to come in below goal with the culmination coming next year with elimination of the PC sales force in accordance with loss of patent exclusivity for Aciphex. There will be about 100 or so Onc reps left hanging around after that. Question: As you glance out the window from the seat of your company's plane, you notice that the engines are going out one-by-one. What do you do? Two choices: Strap on the parachute located in your seat cushion (substituted for the flotation device) and yell "Geronimo" as you depart in search of a better future or go down with the plane? It's not easy to take that leap, but you've got no shot at professional survival the other way around!

Prediction: Another round at the end of March as PC sales continue to come in below goal with the culmination coming next year with elimination of the PC sales force in accordance with loss of patent exclusivity for Aciphex. There will be about 100 or so Onc reps left hanging around after that. Question: As you glance out the window from the seat of your company's plane, you notice that the engines are going out one-by-one. What do you do? Two choices: Strap on the parachute located in your seat cushion (substituted for the flotation device) and yell "Geronimo" as you depart in search of a better future or go down with the plane? It's not easy to take that leap, but you've got no shot at professional survival the other way around!

This is a wise post. I took the leap myself recently, while scary and uncertain it was a good move. I feel happy in my new position, and have a sense of security and satisfaction that was missing the past few years at Eisai.

This is a wise post. I took the leap myself recently, while scary and uncertain it was a good move. I feel happy in my new position, and have a sense of security and satisfaction that was missing the past few years at Eisai.

Did you stay in pharma? I don't think any company is that secure right now. My friends in other industries are also being downsized.