• Tue news: Regeneron fails to block Eylea biosimilar. Inside the GLP-1 price war. Novartis inks $1B biobucks deal. UCB/Biogen lupus drug. Lilly Alzheimer’s drug approved in Japan. See more on our front page

Seriously - Why do people stay at eisai?

Anonymous

Just curious, with all the negativity around eisai's leadership and uncertainty about your jobs (and the value of even having pharma sales reps in the first place), why do you all stay with eisai?

Is it because you can't get any other job? Is it because you like to complain but in the end you're scared out of the your mind to leave? Is it because you feel as if you don't really have any marketable skills?

<

Bottom line answer to your question:

They give you relatatively a lot of money for doing very little actual work. Most of us work from 10-3 with little stress and little care or problems.

I didn't say we weren't lazy or unmovtiated. It's human nature man, I'd rather do other stuff than work ok!

above average pay
no accountability
no one above me has a clue, so it's hard to take a hit for anything
i don't want to move
maybe I'll get a shot at a big salary if enough other people leave

They give you relatatively a lot of money for doing very little actual work. Most of us work from 10-3 with little stress and little care or problems.

I didn't say we weren't lazy or unmovtiated. It's human nature man, I'd rather do other stuff than work ok!

I am a sales representative with Eisai and my day is not from 10-3.

I average making my first call around 9 and I rarely make a physician call after 415pm.

The more I can sell, the better chance I have of Eisai succeding and me not having to look for another job!

I am a sales representative with Eisai and my day is not from 10-3.

I average making my first call around 9 and I rarely make a physician call after 415pm.

The more I can sell, the better chance I have of Eisai succeding and me not having to look for another job!

Well someone has to carry the load for those of us not working. Thanks buddy!!

First every company is a 10-3 T, W, Thr so Eisai is not unique there. Eisai does not pay above the industry average and the benefits are poor.

Little stress???? I want whatever you're smoking!!!

Well it's little stress b/c I choose not to give a sH*t.

That’s different, that’s called ambivalence. Which is fine and I agree that at a bad company or bad job ambivalence is a great skill to have. But even the most ambivalent person still will stress over all the layoffs even if you think you will be retained or will be able to get a job in a week, change still fosters stress. So as ambivalent as you think you are my guess is that you stress on some level.

I'm happy here. Will only leave for a start up with stock options.

Well some people have a very low standard and I guess it is all relative. If you stay in Motel 6’s all the time the Marriott is probably fancy but if you stay in Four Season’s all the time the Marriott is a dump…and glad you like it here as you will be waiting a long time for a start up with stock options…especially with Eisai on your resume! In case you haven’t noticed there were a few recent startups with stock options that passed you by.

Well some people have a very low standard and I guess it is all relative. If you stay in Motel 6’s all the time the Marriott is probably fancy but if you stay in Four Season’s all the time the Marriott is a dump…and glad you like it here as you will be waiting a long time for a start up with stock options…especially with Eisai on your resume! In case you haven’t noticed there were a few recent startups with stock options that passed you by.

Or did I pass them by? Fudge off I can be happy. Eisai is a good gig.