• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Serious Question

AtlantaBraves14

Suppose you are a displaced employee and manage to get re-hired through the new opportunities posted on career hub. Do you think they will do all the pre-employment job checks, like background, drug test, credit check etc?

<

My friend. Please do not waste a moment thinking they will hire you back, regardless of the numerous openings that just posted. They will not. For whatever reason, ZS Associates or whatever consulting firm they used this time put your name down in the “gone” pile. You might not like that you are there, might not agree with it and will probably never know why, but they don’t want you. In the two rounds I went through, NO ONE was rehired. We’ve all seen realignments and territories redrawn. This was not that. It was a purge. Why would J&J put you through the ordeal of displacement instead of just moving a few reps around to different geographies? Because they didn’t want you. Sorry to be blunt but the sooner you accept that your career at Janssen is over the sooner you can move on to better opportunities. Speaking from experience Good luck.
Suppose you are a displaced employee and manage to get re-hired through the new opportunities posted on career hub. Do you think they will do all the pre-employment job checks, like background, drug test, credit check etc?

My friend. Please do not waste a moment thinking they will hire you back, regardless of the numerous openings that just posted. They will not. For whatever reason, ZS Associates or whatever consulting firm they used this time put your name down in the “gone” pile. You might not like that you are there, might not agree with it and will probably never know why, but they don’t want you. In the two rounds I went through, NO ONE was rehired. We’ve all seen realignments and territories redrawn. This was not that. It was a purge. Why would J&J put you through the ordeal of displacement instead of just moving a few reps around to different geographies? Because they didn’t want you. Sorry to be blunt but the sooner you accept that your career at Janssen is over the sooner you can move on to better opportunities. Speaking from experience Good luck.

I agree it is a mistake to try to grovel back. Take the money and run. But I respectfully disagree with some of this - I think their consulting firm came up with a sloppy list and upper management cherry-picked a few favorites as essential- and other favorites or amazing, successful reps were simply collateral damage. This is not personal. I assure you that some of the reps left behind are great and some will never develop the knowledge and skills of those let go because they’ll never get a chance to talk to HCPs.
Also, let’s face it - we had ONE drug in our bag, it is an old drug and the newest indication simply isn’t compelling enough to warrant the cost. It DOES NOT take this long to sell a new indication. We needed to have changes. This, however, is sloppy and short-sighted and CVM is over here at Janssen.

You did not disagree with anything I said in my post. I never said any of it was personal. It’s just business to them. It should be to you. Right or wrong, they put you on the outside. Take a good look at the second paragraph of The Credo and you’ll see now that it is all bullshit.
I agree it is a mistake to try to grovel back. Take the money and run. But I respectfully disagree with some of this - I think their consulting firm came up with a sloppy list and upper management cherry-picked a few favorites as essential- and other favorites or amazing, successful reps were simply collateral damage. This is not personal. I assure you that some of the reps left behind are great and some will never develop the knowledge and skills of those let go because they’ll never get a chance to talk to HCPs.
Also, let’s face it - we had ONE drug in our bag, it is an old drug and the newest indication simply isn’t compelling enough to warrant the cost. It DOES NOT take this long to sell a new indication. We needed to have changes. This, however, is sloppy and short-sighted and CVM is over here at Janssen.