• We apologize for the intermittent downtime on the site as we work through some technical difficulties.

Series Of Bad Leaders

Anonymous

Truth be know Lilly has had a series of poor leaders which have brought the company to its knees in light of a poor BOD. The post who said the company has been running on luck is correct, some great molecules have kept the company going unfortunately the luck has run out no brains to sustain the company, truly pathetic.

Not only has Lilly had piss poor executive leadership for the last 15 years but they seek out others just like themselves to fill important positions in the top layers of the company. Leadership matters at most companies but not here!

Not only has Lilly had piss poor executive leadership for the last 15 years but they seek out others just like themselves to fill important positions in the top layers of the company. Leadership matters at most companies but not here!

That is so true.

What is needed is a troublemaker to shake things up at the top. A real asshole who doesn't need the millions and actually cares about making good medicine, and is not afraid of all the sidelong glances he would get from the entrenched bureaucrats.

That is so true.

What is needed is a troublemaker to shake things up at the top. A real asshole who doesn't need the millions and actually cares about making good medicine, and is not afraid of all the sidelong glances he would get from the entrenched bureaucrats.

The next CEO MUST be selected from outside the company. The top two to three layers of management are currently polluted with self-centered incompetents.

And people who are so weak, they can't make the tough decisions. They're really good at the easy decisions.

So true. Like split Animal and Human health. It's crazy to be mixed up with Animal Health. The whole world is up in arms against piggy speed in it's bacon and antibiotics in most everything. It's disgusting! This is OUR FOOD...

It isn't "our food" until you actually help sow give birth to those little pigs, or plant and harvest the corn, feed the chickens, milk the cows. So sorry--it is someone's else's food until you pay for it at the grocery store.

Please don't whine about "our food" with your mouth full, especially during the Thanksgiving meal on Thursday.

It isn't "our food" until you actually help sow give birth to those little pigs, or plant and harvest the corn, feed the chickens, milk the cows. So sorry--it is someone's else's food until you pay for it at the grocery store.

Please don't whine about "our food" with your mouth full, especially during the Thanksgiving meal on Thursday.

Your thinking is quite screwed up you need help. Are you from HR ?

Here is the guidance on how to talk about animal health products.

Elanco animal health products help to provide lean pork, plump turkey and chickens and more milk than the cows would otherwise give. Correct?

The next CEO MUST be selected from outside the company. The top two to three layers of management are currently polluted with self-centered incompetents.

Even worse, is the fact that many of the people you have hired from other companies (my own included - Big Pharma - A lot bigger than Lilly) continue that tradition of self centered incompetence. Seriously guys, some of those (actually all of those) you hired from my company were at best third tier or worse, who would never have progressed any further in their careers here. The only discernible reason that I can point to as to why they were hired, is through the well worn Lilly policy of nepotism.

I worked for Lilly many, many moons ago as a FDE and learned very quickly how Lilly does business. I saw shockingly poor FTEs hired back then, who only were so because of their connections. Working for other companies since, has reinforced why I wouldn't touch the company with a barge pole. As stated above re recent hires from my company, along with the comments I see regularly on the Lilly forum, it seems that nothing has changed, rather it has got worse over the years. Is it any wonder that Lilly can barely get any drugs through development?

To use an analogy; The study of basic genetics shows that inbreeding, and insular or limited gene pools lead to genetic defects including retardation. That is a good way to describe how Lilly has not moved on over the years, as it seems that the same policies are being pursued which has maintained a culture that was counter productive & out of date 20 years ago, let alone now.

The World and most of the rest of the Pharma Industry has moved on, yet it seems that Lilly is still stuck in the past. Am I wrong?