• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Selling Alogliptin

Anonymous

Canadian rep here.

What has been the experience to date in the US selling this product. We are getting it later this year and it looks like a "dog with fleas" I doubt we get more than 1% market share, if that! It quite possible that Takeda would make money not launching it.

<

Canadian rep here.

What has been the experience to date in the US selling this product. We are getting it later this year and it looks like a "dog with fleas" I doubt we get more than 1% market share, if that! It quite possible that Takeda would make money not launching it.

We will be launching it in June

Canadian rep here.

"Dog with fleas". Nice!

Yes, because it was only approved months ago and our company was not prepared enough to launch it immediately, even though we've had 4 years worth of delays to prepare for it.

Yet another great example of your Takeda leadership at your service

No they were waiting for the lawsuit to finalized before deciding if we are launching it or not. Looks like its a no go. DM meeting next week is when the ax will fall