Santa Barbara sales position

<

Why would you say this? It’s a brand new company with a new drug in launch mode. Sounds like a good opportunity to me.

What am I missing?

1. Brand new company does not mean good company. Leadership came here either for a promotion to a job they don’t know how to do, or they came here because they didn’t have a job.
2. We still don’t have an incentive comp plan. We’ve been selling without any idea how we are getting paid. In fact they have decided to go back on paying us what they said we would be paid at the beginning of covid.
3. There are many signs pointing to the sale of the company. The CEO has little interest in commercializing a product past the point she needs to in order to make a pay day. Look up her history over the last 30 years.
4. Our vp of sales was a notorious micromanager at Leo. At Leo he wanted to be on the cutting edge of tracking people.
5. You are coming to a startup company. Don’t underestimate the risk that comes with that. Most of the people who will tell you what a great opportunity this is received thousands if not 10s of thousands of shares of stock. Reps received 500 shares.
6. Their unwillingness to negotiate salaries and consider any factors other than those in their metric shows it’s not about hiring the right people.
7. Since they don’t care about hiring the right people, they don’t stand by their people. They have given themselves a lot of excuses to say candidates were just bad hires. 3 months in, in the middle of the pandemic, and they’ve already written people off as “bad” hires.
8. When they talk about culture in the interview, really ask them questions about what that means. Toxic culture is still a culture.

1. Brand new company does not mean good company. Leadership came here either for a promotion to a job they don’t know how to do, or they came here because they didn’t have a job.
2. We still don’t have an incentive comp plan. We’ve been selling without any idea how we are getting paid. In fact they have decided to go back on paying us what they said we would be paid at the beginning of covid.
3. There are many signs pointing to the sale of the company. The CEO has little interest in commercializing a product past the point she needs to in order to make a pay day. Look up her history over the last 30 years.
4. Our vp of sales was a notorious micromanager at Leo. At Leo he wanted to be on the cutting edge of tracking people.
5. You are coming to a startup company. Don’t underestimate the risk that comes with that. Most of the people who will tell you what a great opportunity this is received thousands if not 10s of thousands of shares of stock. Reps received 500 shares.
6. Their unwillingness to negotiate salaries and consider any factors other than those in their metric shows it’s not about hiring the right people.
7. Since they don’t care about hiring the right people, they don’t stand by their people. They have given themselves a lot of excuses to say candidates were just bad hires. 3 months in, in the middle of the pandemic, and they’ve already written people off as “bad” hires.
8. When they talk about culture in the interview, really ask them questions about what that means. Toxic culture is still a culture.

Spot On

I don’t think GR was ever at Leo Pharma. And let’s cut the company a little slack. You mention the pandemic. It’s been impossible for us here in the field to launch the way we want to. Don’t you think home office has a lot of the same difficulties? We are all operating in a tough environment. The good news is most can get into the field now and do what we were hired to do. Access to clinics and health centers will be tough but things will open up. We can do this. The culture has not been set in stone.

They are already firing people citing performance at the tail-end of a pandemic. It is a ruthless environment that does not care about its employees. It is a micromanaged environment with no trust. Was a terrible decision coming here and leaving a great position with another company for. If you're in need of a job, take it and collect a paycheck while you hunt for the right position. I have yet to talk to someone who is happy working here (I mostly connect with people in the Northeast, feel free to read the thread on WK, its all true). I wish I was trolling, but I am serious and sad that these kinds of environments are accepted in this industry. Good luck to you on your job hunt!

I’m not sure what the rest of the areas are doing. WK made it very clear that most of the reps at this company are losers, there is no wiggle room for that in the Northeast though.

Bring it! I have seen these fat, disgusting on every level white nationalists being interviewed who have camped out to listen to someone who never stops flapping his orange gums. These losers in life clearly have no life to wait for days outside for someone who talks all the time and yet they want more. They know the risks and they do not care, so why not cram as many of these white nationalist trash into the ventilated/air conditioning and shake many hands, group hugs, and coughing/sneezing while they cheer white nationalist propaganda and conspiracy theories? Oh, and I hope the obese blob of orange blubber mentions all of his "WINNING" - a weeklong epic smackdown by the Supreme Court.

Bring it! I have seen these fat, disgusting on every level white nationalists being interviewed who have camped out to listen to someone who never stops flapping his orange gums. These losers in life clearly have no life to wait for days outside for someone who talks all the time and yet they want more. They know the risks and they do not care, so why not cram as many of these white nationalist trash into the ventilated/air conditioning and shake many hands, group hugs, and coughing/sneezing while they cheer white nationalist propaganda and conspiracy theories? Oh, and I hope the obese blob of orange blubber mentions all of his "WINNING" - a weeklong epic smackdown by the Supreme Court.

Can you please bring out your "A list" material? You posted the identical rant above on another board. Come on. You have got to have better things to do than trash white nationalists.