• Mon news: Takeda layoffs. Novo’s semaglutide cardiovascular win. Roche’s Vabysmo in DME. Gilead/Merck HIV combo. Supernus quick-acting depression med. See more on our front page

Sample allocation

Anonymous

So who is the brain trust that decided how many samples a doctor could receive? Now we are fucked big time. Samples are the only thing keeping our branded products alive in the generic markets.

"Yes doctor I need you to sign for the TWO samples that AstraZenca has decided you can have for the whole month".

Might as well stay home and not waste the office time.

Have not heard of this. Is it in certain TAs?

In the past has been a suggestion now they not shipping if you go over. The F'n system is messed up.... when will the brand team get it..... we don't need a computer setting sample limits.... How about just have 1-2 people.... not five sampling. Even with no Ocean CVAS still has too many Crestor sample droppers.

My stupid Ass hospital rep samples like candy.

In the past has been a suggestion now they not shipping if you go over. The F'n system is messed up.... when will the brand team get it..... we don't need a computer setting sample limits.... How about just have 1-2 people.... not five sampling. Even with no Ocean CVAS still has too many Crestor sample droppers.

Believe it or not, Hospital reps are fed data on sampling as well. Too little throws up flags.

Believe it or not, Hospital reps are fed data on sampling as well. Too little throws up flags.

I believe it but why do theh have samples for a drug they have no responsibility for? In some cases too many samples is bad idea. So now because the hospital reps tbonly feel comfortablw approaching docs for a signature they just over sample and block the reps that are trying to sell they're drug.

Dude are you high! Those are some mad writing skills.
Gosh Gomer maybe you should have a conversation with your hospital teammate about what would work best in the territory. I bet they didn't realize you were taking the Crestor market share by storm with this being 8 years post launch.
Let me be clear so you get it. No doctor wants to hear about Crestor and that is why you fake 5 calls a day. You are using the samples to get your own silly sample signatures so to document what your are calling your 3 real calls a day.
Maybe you are correct and those crazy and scared hospital reps are not just sampling but they are over sampling so to specifically block you from seeing all of your doctors.

Suffering suckatash those whylee wabit hospital weps wheel wee make me mad!

... Or maybe that's just YOUR allocation of samples recommended for that customer, but it's not the some total for EVERYONE in all channels? Nah, that can't be it, because you know everything.

... Or maybe that's just YOUR allocation of samples recommended for that customer, but it's not the some total for EVERYONE in all channels? Nah, that can't be it, because you know everything.

Are you kidding me? Do you think we all call on the same doctor the same amount of times? Do you think a decile 2 doctor can get buy with 3 samples for the month? Have you not received the email from sample accountability stating the physician has received his total monthly allotment and your samples have been rejected?

Ok all knowing one, tell us more.

Dude are you high! Those are some mad writing skills.
Gosh Gomer maybe you should have a conversation with your hospital teammate about what would work best in the territory. I bet they didn't realize you were taking the Crestor market share by storm with this being 8 years post launch.
Let me be clear so you get it. No doctor wants to hear about Crestor and that is why you fake 5 calls a day. You are using the samples to get your own silly sample signatures so to document what your are calling your 3 real calls a day.
Maybe you are correct and those crazy and scared hospital reps are not just sampling but they are over sampling so to specifically block you from seeing all of your doctors.

Suffering suckatash those whylee wabit hospital weps wheel wee make me mad!

Yeah, I am pretty bad at using the touch screen on my phone...lol. but my point is still the same...good tyling skills on a touch screen does not equal a high IQ. My hospital rep is impossible to talk because she is like you very defensive. The point drs do like to talk about at least with me and over sampling or under sampling is costing me bonus. I hope my touch screen typing skills live up to your standards but you hope they don't so you can put me down...like the cyber bully that you are.

Are you kidding me? Do you think we all call on the same doctor the same amount of times? Do you think a decile 2 doctor can get buy with 3 samples for the month? Have you not received the email from sample accountability stating the physician has received his total monthly allotment and your samples have been rejected?

Ok all knowing one, tell us more.

---- already did tell you, were the words too big? It's not about your allocation, it's about the entire allocation. And it's not just decile, it's segment (and likelihood to prescribe). Think ! And yes, they can get by with 3 if they can't or won't use it for new starts or switches.

Can't remember how many times I have been to the doctors when they want to prescribe a drug then go to look for some samples. Often they come back with something different saying the one they were going to prescribe is out but here's one close enough and give it with a script. If you short docs on samples it will work for awhile and sales will probably even go up for a time, but there is a point where a competitor will begin to move market if they are out-sampling. Most drug classes today have close enough equivalents. It's the manner of the beast, you give away samples knowing many will be for existing patients, balanced by those that will be used for new starts. Companies have tried to steer patients towards coupons for new starts, but a lot of docs still prefer samples and avoid them. Coupon redemption ratios are often poor.

Grow up. Your job is worth little, unlike your inflated paycheck.

So your toughest customer is your hospital counterpart? If you cant convince your counterpart on samples how are you going to convince your doctor to write something that has 3 generic options? You realize that every territory is being reduced in samples. Although not the same samples allowed in every territory they are still limited. So your issue with losing bonus is in your head becasue we are all facing the same issue.
Tell your manager you are losing bonus because of sample allocations and your counterpart wont listen to you and their actions block your contact. I know that wont fly.