• Mon news: Takeda layoffs. Novo’s semaglutide cardiovascular win. Roche’s Vabysmo in DME. Gilead/Merck HIV combo. Supernus quick-acting depression med. See more on our front page

Online sample request will eliminate the rep job

all i know is that i've been working in this industry now (whole time with az as well) for 15 years and I've been hearing this nonsense fodder from DAY 1 about how this is a dying job, layoffs are looming, blah blah blah. This is going to replace reps, that is going to replace reps, online sampling will replace reps, contract reps will replace base reps, reps are irrelevant anymore, docs hate us, blah blah blah. Riddle me this then all you naysayers out there. why then has it been over a decade and i'm still here????? to be honest when i got into this industry based on all of this type of talk i was pretty worried that my job would be short-lived. I guess though i'll just sit here collecting my 6 figure paycheck for another 15 years and continue to wait until reps are eliminated for real this time. no really, for real. HQ source said so. Layoffs coming. *eye roll*

all i know is that i've been working in this industry now (whole time with az as well) for 15 years and I've been hearing this nonsense fodder from DAY 1 about how this is a dying job, layoffs are looming, blah blah blah. This is going to replace reps, that is going to replace reps, online sampling will replace reps, contract reps will replace base reps, reps are irrelevant anymore, docs hate us, blah blah blah. Riddle me this then all you naysayers out there. why then has it been over a decade and i'm still here????? to be honest when i got into this industry based on all of this type of talk i was pretty worried that my job would be short-lived. I guess though i'll just sit here collecting my 6 figure paycheck for another 15 years and continue to wait until reps are eliminated for real this time. no really, for real. HQ source said so. Layoffs coming. *eye roll*
You'll be really fortunate to make another 15 years. Today there isn't a viable position "available" for you to jump ship too. Territories will get even larger and head count smaller. Ten years is not a big deal but look around you, how many 25+ reps are in your district, region? I'm on my 4th Pharma job and I consider that miracle. Once gone from here I know it's curtains.

You'll be really fortunate to make another 15 year Today there isn't a viable position "available" for you to jump ship too. Territories will get even larger and head count smaller. Ten years is not a big deal but look around you, how many 25+ reps are in your district, region? I'm on my 4th Pharma job and I consider that miracle. Once gone from here I know it's curtains.

actually, my direct counterpart has been here for 28 years. My other direct counterpart, 25. Our region overall has a very large number of legacy reps of 15-18 years+

I salute your hubris in your mediocrity!

" YOU CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH !! "
-Colonel Jessup (AKA Jack Nicholson)

20 yr with AZ. With all the positive news lately, stock price, etc. betting that at least Onc and CV/Diabetes are safe at least until generic Farxiga. Its not reasonable to expect layoffs for years. AZ doesn't want to deal with separation packages right now to those that have stuck around by a thread.