• Tue news: Regeneron fails to block Eylea biosimilar. Inside the GLP-1 price war. Novartis inks $1B biobucks deal. UCB/Biogen lupus drug. Lilly Alzheimer’s drug approved in Japan. See more on our front page

Restasis and Lastacaft

Anonymous

Can anyone give me an honest opinion? I was called to interview for the above drugs; knowing Allergan is a great company. I have no doubt it's not 'perfect' but nothing is in this industry.

But I hear that Lastacaft has a competitor? Pataday or something like that.

As for Restasis...doesn't Alcon (company) compete with this?

Just not sure the job seems good since the rep prior was let go. I was told that when one company owns the market (Allergan vs. Alcon) with this market--the room to 'switch' is a tough road to plow.

Any honest feedback would be appreciated. I know your company does very well overall. Just not sure about these two drugs in that marketplace.

<

If you had done any research you wouldn't poet such silly questions. Allergan is the only place to be for longevity. Difficult to land the job. Good luck but do some more homework.

It is challenging to fight against Alcon in the market. Depends on managed care....course I think glaucoma reps have it tougher selling against Xalatan. I think I know the territory you interviewed for, tough situation-was at the top in rankings and then the bottom fell out. Manager is green too which is sometimes hard.

It is challenging to fight against Alcon in the market. Depends on managed care....course I think glaucoma reps have it tougher selling against Xalatan. I think I know the territory you interviewed for, tough situation-was at the top in rankings and then the bottom fell out. Manager is green too which is sometimes hard.

Thank you for this post and reply. All I can tell you is the territory is in NC. I did not know that Pataday was the competitor until I spoke with a friend who sells for Alcon, but in a separate division. Her parter has Pataday. Just not sure why they would be going through such rigorous interviews if the territory had once did great (to your post above). They sight (recruiting team)that the territory "never" did well. Overall, seems like a challenge; which is good if you're a strong rep. But some challenges are not worth the effort if the manager is not realistic about the geography and know of managed care issues. Furthermore, I cannot understand how Lastacaft is part of the compensation since there are generics for that drug alone.

Thanks for your honest feedback.

Thank you for this post and reply. All I can tell you is the territory is in NC. I did not know that Pataday was the competitor until I spoke with a friend who sells for Alcon, but in a separate division. Her parter has Pataday. Just not sure why they would be going through such rigorous interviews if the territory had once did great (to your post above). They sight (recruiting team)that the territory "never" did well. Overall, seems like a challenge; which is good if you're a strong rep. But some challenges are not worth the effort if the manager is not realistic about the geography and know of managed care issues. Furthermore, I cannot understand how Lastacaft is part of the compensation since there are generics for that drug alone.

Thanks for your honest feedback.

Be very careful. Restasis will be generic next year. Lastacaft is not a premier product in a market over full of allergy products and not so good managed care. The morale of the area is at rock bottom lows due to new regional management and new style. Lots and lots of turn over for a reason. You will began to regret tour decision when you go through an extremely unorganized training program. Most new hires are currently looking for another company.

Also check out what is going on company wide for more clues. Lapband team was cut, second wave of cuts last week. Botox neuro teams cutting and reorganizing, glaucoma team has all genericized produts by jan 2013. Cuts a couple of years ago in home office left company with internal problems, however they just cut more people, specifically customer service.

Stock price down. Morale down. Managed care coverage is poor. Poor management and managers. All products with generic substitution.

A HUGE mess.

The manager in Charlotte is fair and well respected. Allergan is a very good company to work for if you play the game. If you want to buck the trend they are faster than most to fire you. The RD has only cares about himself and getting promoted. Good job if you can get it.

Be very careful. Restasis will be generic next year. Lastacaft is not a premier product in a market over full of allergy products and not so good managed care. The morale of the area is at rock bottom lows due to new regional management and new style. Lots and lots of turn over for a reason. You will began to regret tour decision when you go through an extremely unorganized training program. Most new hires are currently looking for another company.

Also check out what is going on company wide for more clues. Lapband team was cut, second wave of cuts last week. Botox neuro teams cutting and reorganizing, glaucoma team has all genericized produts by jan 2013. Cuts a couple of years ago in home office left company with internal problems, however they just cut more people, specifically customer service.

Stock price down. Morale down. Managed care coverage is poor. Poor management and managers. All products with generic substitution.

A HUGE mess.

Thank you. I appreciate your comments and your honest feedback. It helps today; unless you are out of work, to be proactive about taking positions in an professions.

If you can get it means the manager is looking for someone specific in mind. He likes his teams to be contrasting in selling styles. Best bet is to call the other rep in Charlotte and get their input. I have been in pharma for a while and this is a great job. The manager is good, not a micromanager and will provide the tools necessary to succeed.

Thank you. I appreciate your comments and your honest feedback. It helps today; unless you are out of work, to be proactive about taking positions in an professions.

If i were looking now, I would not go to Allergan. Certainly not in the South Region due to the RM. Someone else mentioned him-a disaster.

Also, it limits you with future jobs in this market (pharm sales) because it's so pigeon-holed to one specific thing, unless you are planning then to go to another eye care company.

I dont know the manager in Charlotte, but if he/she is new and brought in by the new RD, I would be even stronger in my caution to go elsewhere. You will be a number, not a person. The market there has declined, greatly, and he will make your life miserable. If you have a good strong manager who doesnt pass the buck it would be a bit more tolerable.

Sorry, but someone needs to tell the honest truth about what's going on at Allergan. Almost everyone I know is unhappy. One south district has lost 6 reps in the last year. They all hated it so much.

Good luck to you. If you do get an offer, think long and hard about it.

Can anyone give me an honest opinion? I was called to interview for the above drugs; knowing Allergan is a great company. I have no doubt it's not 'perfect' but nothing is in this industry.

But I hear that Lastacaft has a competitor? Pataday or something like that.

As for Restasis...doesn't Alcon (company) compete with this?

Just not sure the job seems good since the rep prior was let go. I was told that when one company owns the market (Allergan vs. Alcon) with this market--the room to 'switch' is a tough road to plow.

Any honest feedback would be appreciated. I know your company does very well overall. Just not sure about these two drugs in that marketplace.

I would like to take exception to your comment about Allergan being a great company. What makes a company 'great'? If it only the bottom line and how much money they make for investors, maybe it would be considered 'really good'. Alot of that is due to the continual price hiking of our products EVEN THOUGH the mission statement is to provide AFFORDABLE drugs. When you consider glaucoma is for an aging population and the biggest market for restasis is for peri and menopausal women why are prices going through the roof? Gotta meet that bottom line and grow at 20% regardless of the economy.
Now lets look at the willingness for the company to bid on contracts to keep prices lower for those who do have insurance. Allergan stays in the game in high profile territories, but when it comes to the poorer states like Carolinas, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee they are not willing to step it up and stay in the game to provide those drugs at reasonable prices. NOTE: if you are currently in those territories your bonuses will be very low and your probability of making awards &trips are pretty slim. You will need to live in Florida, Atlanta, etc. where they bid more aggressively.
Now, how about how they treat those who work for them. I will agree, allergan USED TO BE a great place to work, in fact, bordering on FANTASTIC/AWESOME. A few years ago, Allergan's upper management brought in mid level managers who were from J &J and other big pharma companies. The changes began to happen. We are no longer people. We no longer have a life. Why do you think they are so big on those slide shows at the national meetings showing us what a great balance of life we have here at Allergan??? If you have to be told or sold on it, its not true. Noone seems happy. People are keeping low and just trying to get through to the end of the quarter or the year. I xant tell you how many times I've heard Dustin tell reps they are easily replaced. Yes, that is a true statement, but what decent guy goes around with that threat? It's now all about a culture of fear and intimidation.
Next, consider the products and the pipeline. We were told for years how strong our pipeline is. Since restasis was launched we have not put out a novel drug in eyecare. It's nothing but line extentions designed to make more money on the backs of the elderly. Then they send us out to tellcustomers a bag of tricks-its such a better product. Really? So write lumigan .01% at $75 to $80 monthly for a point better than generic xalatan at $5. And if your're in a state that requires generics first you should coerce the doctor to say the generic failed and put the patient on brand?
There will be cutbacks in personnel. There is NO COMPANY who can survive with drugs with generic counterparts and not one original product to sell. Be smart. Think for yourself. Don't listen to the company line (like listening to news media about candidates-only what they want you to hear). Brush ooff that resume and start looking. Be prepared.

Central eye care managers are doing the same thing. " you make great money, so many people want your job, it is all about your numbers, you can be gone any day" blah blah blah. Shut up already. Why exactly do we have so many managers? What a waste of money. We know we have good jobs, we know we make good money, we also that you mr manager are no help what so ever.