• Tue news: Merck's Keytruda stages comeback in head and neck cancer. GSK, Pfizer RSV vaccine sales fall. Astellas gene therapy bet. Extreme weather —>drug shortages. J&J discontinues bladder cancer drug. See more on our front page

Republican “Debates”

anonymous

Couldn’t even watch this one but caught snippets. Horrid people with the exception of Chris Christie. Never in my life would I ever have thought he would be the beacon of light but he is. Sold his soul for a while to orange jeezus but I will accept his change of heart. He is the only one able to speak the truth and garners boos from the audience for daring to speak the truth. Most worried about the “republican” party these days. A bunch of lost souls who would sell out our democracy for a con man. Not sure what they have to gain except “retribution”…a bunch of lost, sick souls.

Couldn’t even watch this one but caught snippets. Horrid people with the exception of Chris Christie. Never in my life would I ever have thought he would be the beacon of light but he is. Sold his soul for a while to orange jeezus but I will accept his change of heart. He is the only one able to speak the truth and garners boos from the audience for daring to speak the truth. Most worried about the “republican” party these days. A bunch of lost souls who would sell out our democracy for a con man. Not sure what they have to gain except “retribution”…a bunch of lost, sick souls.

Agree on Christie. He was the DA in who put Jared Kushner's father away for 2 years. In 2005, he was convicted of illegal campaign contributions, tax evasion, and witness tampering, and was sentenced to two years' imprisonment, which he served in the Federal Prison Camp, Montgomery. As a convicted felon, he was also disbarred in three states. But of course, Trump pardoned him because his son, Jared, was with his daughter, so my guess is, politics as usual: Trump pardons Jared Kushner’s father in lurid N.J. case of tax fraud and sex

I agree. How in the hell do we get them to see through the GOP's bullshit?

I agree. How in the hell do we get them to see through the GOP's bullshit?
Sadly they are the same minority- the “one third” who launched people like Hitler to power while people sat by unaware until it was too late. Lots of “christofascists” who want nothing better than to control people with their twisted beliefs. Trust me, I know these people and they won’t change. Getting our plan b in order—luckily my spouse born in the EU and we went there this summer to make sure all papers in order to be able to go there should orange jeezus win. Don’t forget to set up bank accounts overseas…these people in the 2025 project mean business. People have no clue that it can happen here.Big sucking sound if he wins of people fleeing.. Will be like Iran only christians in power….same thing really…

It's real. It's scary. And no one other than one of two of my circle thinks it can or will happen again.
Studied European and German history in college. NO ONE in Europe thought the Germans would ever go full Nazi. Others viewed them as too progressed and intellectual. Unfortunately about a third of the Germans were full on Hitler and just like in the US because of divided politics the uneducated won. I’m betting on it happening here and making plans accordingly to be able to get out of Dodge. Not everyone can leave but married to someone born in the EU and our papers are in shape to be able to go. Want to be able for my kids to be able to follow as well. Not trusting this country anymore because of Magats.