• Wed news: Medicare $2 generics. Biogen’s high-dose Spinraza. Roche breast cancer trial. Lilly’s unique AI deal. Sage Alzheimer’s fail. See more on our front page

Real info anyone?

Anonymous

In the past there has almost always been a poster who shared real information out of respect for all of us going through this. If you have detailed information about the selection process or the bags please share. When was the decision made as to who stays and who goes? Do DBMs or RBDs have any say? Are the UR or WH reps more a target?

We will know on the 20th but a little more info would be good. If you know please share.

Another question will be how the reps retained will be trained (if needed) while at the same time be compensated on products they do not know, part of a territory they did not have and customers that may or may not have been put on the TCL. Not to mention new management, new team, cue and samples. What a mess!

Change is good folks. New reps new customers I would say a breath of fresh air. I for one am glad to let go. I will find something new and more rewarding. You will too!

Change is good folks. New reps new customers I would say a breath of fresh air. I for one am glad to let go. I will find something new and more rewarding. You will too!

Put down your crack pipe. Who the HELL has the following job description posted:

Needed: sales representative with 5+ years of reciting marketing messages for 55 seconds, 6 times a day. Required to cater lunch to physician office staff 4 days a week. Salary+ benefit package commiserate with experience, usually over $95,000 a year. MUST HAVE ONLY SOLD MATURE PRODUCTS CLOSE TO PATENT EXPIRY.

Put down your crack pipe. Who the HELL has the following job description posted:

Needed: sales representative with 5+ years of reciting marketing messages for 55 seconds, 6 times a day. Required to cater lunch to physician office staff 4 days a week. Salary+ benefit package commiserate with experience, usually over $95,000 a year. MUST HAVE ONLY SOLD MATURE PRODUCTS CLOSE TO PATENT EXPIRY.

LOL!!!! This is hysterically funny.

In the past there has almost always been a poster who shared real information out of respect for all of us going through this. If you have detailed information about the selection process or the bags please share. When was the decision made as to who stays and who goes? Do DBMs or RBDs have any say? Are the UR or WH reps more a target?

We will know on the 20th but a little more info would be good. If you know please share.

From internal OPs in NYC, here's the specifics for Cluster #2:

15 to 13 (-2) RBD's
38-26 (-12)RM's
338 -256 (-82) DBM's
- 600 Reps

At least you package has an 11 month head start.
Time to start looking, if you havent been already.

Does anyone think C1 will survive the Celebrex LOE? Beginning Q1 2013, C2 will sell Lyrica (for fibro), leaving C1 with ONE product that they co-promote with C1. That is not a viable portfolio to justify an entire cluster. Sure we have drugs in the pipeline, but given the FDA's reluctance to approve anything, it doesn't look good for Cluster 1.

On the bright side, you have a much longer period of time to line up a new job. Who knows, the economy might even pick up in a year or so, further improving your situation. But if anyone thinks C1 will be around in 18 months, I've got a bridge to sell you (close to the old Pfizer NY plant...).

Those numbers sound about right, at least from what I've heard from RM via DBM. Especially the reduction in 12. Not sure about the DBMs, but I remember seeing a poster at a meeting the showed cluster 2 had around 2000 reps give or take a few. A reduction in 600 makes it 30%. Could be right on the money.

Cluster 1 most assuredly will have a different look after 2013. The possible return of Embeda, approval of Remoxy and development progress of Tanezumab will certainly dictate the pain portfolio's future.

Cluster 1 most assuredly will have a different look after 2013. The possible return of Embeda, approval of Remoxy and development progress of Tanezumab will certainly dictate the pain portfolio's future.

IF any of those drugs get approved, C1 might survive. I sure as hell wouldn't want to depend on OBAMA'S FDA to keep me employed. Those Marxists think drugs are bad, except when they lead to big paydays for one of their trial lawyer butt buddies.

I would be more concerned about finding another job than trying to determine if Cluster 1 will survive next year. Look at history