• Mon news: Pfizer wins legal patent battle over GSK. Hospitals face hurricane-induced IV shortages. Activist investor takes $1B stake in Pfizer. MicroRNA pioneers win Nobel. Jude Bio debuts with $100M. See more on our front page

Re: Will any Roche legacy people get a job at Genentech

<

The question is, " who would really want to return to this new company?" Yes the money was good, but at the end that's about all that was good with the career that turned into a job. I will miss a number of my coworkers as well. It sure isn't the old Roche or Genentech! The corporate raiders in charge should move the outfit across the bay to Oakland.

The question is, " who would really want to return to this new company?" Yes the money was good, but at the end that's about all that was good with the career that turned into a job. I will miss a number of my coworkers as well. It sure isn't the old Roche or Genentech! The corporate raiders in charge should move the outfit across the bay to Oakland.

The good old days are over. Roche and most other big pharma companies are in a heap of trouble. There is a lot of excess and waste. Reality is coming.

Outsiders will probably get first dibs, lets face it. Most of the hits were all on the Roche side. Suffice it to say that Roche protected Genetech folks, most likely as a term of the merger. There are going to be hard times ahead, so I would be reluctant as a displaced employee to try to come back to Genentech. It once was an excellent place to work, I agree and I am saddened at what has recently happened.

You've got to be joking--Genentech had evolved into a political quagmire years ago. Now, there's just an added layer of sh*t on the pile....