Question about DUI

Anonymous

I made a huge mistake 2 years ago. I know it was stupid and I have learned my lesson, believe me. I got a DUI and went through an ARD program. My license was suspended and retored. The Du is listed on my driving record. I thought if I went through the ARD program, that information would not show up on my record. What gives?

Any intellent information is appreciated.

<

I made a huge mistake 2 years ago. I know it was stupid and I have learned my lesson, believe me. I got a DUI and went through an ARD program. My license was suspended and retored. The Du is listed on my driving record. I thought if I went through the ARD program, that information would not show up on my record. What gives?

Any intellent information is appreciated.

It is on your drivers license forever and there is no way to get it exponged. I am not kidding, ask an attorney if you know any.

It is on your drivers license forever and there is no way to get it exponged. I am not kidding, ask an attorney if you know any.

I have any attorney -who is currently out of town -and was told by him and the folks at the ARD program that there would be no record of it once I completed the program.

Actually, I just spoke to a Lawyer. I went thru the ARD but my original lawyer failed to file the paperwork to have it expunged. This lawyer is going to do that for me now. It cost $400.00 but is well worth it as it will be off my record once it is complete.

Confirm this with your attorney...the DUI with ARD Program will be off of your criminal record. Depending on the state you are living in, it will still stay on your driving record for 10 years. There is no way to remove this from your driving record.

Confirm this with your attorney...the DUI with ARD Program will be off of your criminal record. Depending on the state you are living in, it will still stay on your driving record for 10 years. There is no way to remove this from your driving record.

Not. Driving records are state records and each state has different systems and requirements for expungement. Check with a DUI attorney in your state.