• Tue news: Regeneron fails to block Eylea biosimilar. Inside the GLP-1 price war. Novartis inks $1B biobucks deal. UCB/Biogen lupus drug. Lilly Alzheimer’s drug approved in Japan. See more on our front page

Predictions for the next 30 days

Tomorrow's town hall will start with Bill Merry reaching into the chest of BS and pulling out his still beating heart. He will offer it up to the Board of Directors who will nod and bless his ascendency to CEO. There will be a few sacrifices to the Gods of Investing, probably that dude who holds the iPad and takes questions, but other than that it should be uneventful.

Meury is a clown who doesn't know a damn thing about this business. the board needs to go BEG Ingram to come in as CEO and Pyott to come back as Chairman.

Ha, yes that makes sense to close an already CDC approved lab space and re-create that elsewhere. NJ is just office space which can very easily be moved.....

Dude- you might want to stop being in denial cause they may have plans for Irvine and move Botox. It's laughable listening to your comments that Botox and Irvine are not going anywhere. Irvine is a financial burden for this troubled company.

Dude- you might want to stop being in denial cause they may have plans for Irvine and move Botox. It's laughable listening to your comments that Botox and Irvine are not going anywhere. Irvine is a financial burden for this troubled company.

Moving Botox is not nearly as easy as you think. They've been wanting to move certain aspects to Westport for years now, but can't get the lab validated.

Moving Botox is not nearly as easy as you think. They've been wanting to move certain aspects to Westport for years now, but can't get the lab validated.

Westport is the manufacturing site for Botox. Irvine is the "seeding" operation to the botulinum toxin. I wouldnt be surprised to see them move the entire Botox operation to Westport. Highly secretive place with zero access. Saunders is not allowed in. Look it up! Botox will not remain in Irvine. It may take alittle while but economically it makes zero sense regardless of how difficult the process to relocate may be.

How does it make zero sense economically? Can you imagine the difficulty of finding AGN researchers willing to relocate to western Ireland or in finding new workers with the amount of cumulative botulinum toxin background that now exists in Irvine? Then there's the issue of finding the square footage at Westport in order to perform basic research. It doesn't sound like you know what you're talking about.

Westport is the manufacturing site for Botox. Irvine is the "seeding" operation to the botulinum toxin. I wouldnt be surprised to see them move the entire Botox operation to Westport. Highly secretive place with zero access. Saunders is not allowed in. Look it up! Botox will not remain in Irvine. It may take alittle while but economically it makes zero sense regardless of how difficult the process to relocate may be.

This is what I'm trying to explain to you! They've been trying to move that to Westport for years now...since before Actavis was in the picture, but they haven't been able to validate the lab. And, it's not Irvine, it's a small site in Campbell, CA.

How does it make zero sense economically? Can you imagine the difficulty of finding AGN researchers willing to relocate to western Ireland or in finding new workers with the amount of cumulative botulinum toxin background that now exists in Irvine? Then there's the issue of finding the square footage at Westport in order to perform basic research. It doesn't sound like you know what you're talking about.

Well, I worked at the Irvine facility for 27 years. Space isnt the issue! If need be Westport could build a facility. Plenty of space. But you go ahead and keep believing that Irvine will exist forever. I'll check back with you when that changes and see what your mood is like. I never thought my job would be eliminated either but then here we are arguing about it. AGN headquarters just moved into a new NJ office building. No way they are moving to Irvine no matter how much sense that makes for most of us.

This is what I'm trying to explain to you! They've been trying to move that to Westport for years now...since before Actavis was in the picture, but they haven't been able to validate the lab. And, it's not Irvine, it's a small site in Campbell, CA.

Irvine is where all the Botox research is conducted and those labs as well as the entire Irvine campus has been CDC certified. And it is not an easy process.

Well, I worked at the Irvine facility for 27 years. Space isnt the issue! If need be Westport could build a facility. Plenty of space. But you go ahead and keep believing that Irvine will exist forever. I'll check back with you when that changes and see what your mood is like. I never thought my job would be eliminated either but then here we are arguing about it. AGN headquarters just moved into a new NJ office building. No way they are moving to Irvine no matter how much sense that makes for most of us.

You do know they own the land in Irvine right? And I doubt they own the land or building in NJ.

Yes, Allergan owns the land in Irvine and this location (Real Estate) worth many millions, land is very expensive in that location so they can easily sell the land.

Let me tell you that Allergan site in Campbell, CA is the small site that provides the “seed” to Westport for Botox manufacturing, Irvine doesn’t have much expertise in Botox anymore since most of the people involved in R&D were layoff in 2014 or they left afterwards, at this point, I think it will make perfect $ sense to move Botox out of Irvine, but to avoid the CDC (regulatory agency that controls the safety of “Botox”) , it will make sense to move Botox outside the US, possibly to Westport where CDC doesn’t have jurisdiction.

I may not happen overnight but I think eventually it will.

What will happen in the next 30 days?

GAAP #'s come in...smoke and mirrors...non-GAAP #'s come out...BS make a huge fucking bonus and 1,000 families pick up the pieces

Well...maybe not 30 days but close enough

Yes, Allergan owns the land in Irvine and this location (Real Estate) worth many millions, land is very expensive in that location so they can easily sell the land.

Let me tell you that Allergan site in Campbell, CA is the small site that provides the “seed” to Westport for Botox manufacturing, Irvine doesn’t have much expertise in Botox anymore since most of the people involved in R&D were layoff in 2014 or they left afterwards, at this point, I think it will make perfect $ sense to move Botox out of Irvine, but to avoid the CDC (regulatory agency that controls the safety of “Botox”) , it will make sense to move Botox outside the US, possibly to Westport where CDC doesn’t have jurisdiction.

I may not happen overnight but I think eventually it will.

"Irvine doesn’t have much expertise in Botox anymore since most of the people involved in R&D were layoff in 2014 or they left afterwards"

This statement is just purely false. Irvine still is the only site doing botulinum toxin research and has a significant group (~25 people) involved. Yes, it was affected by the pre- and post-acquisition layoffs but it is still a size-able group. There is also a biologics development group at the site with the ability to scale up toxin production.

I'm not arguing that neurotoxin preclinical research will always remain in Irvine or that the site will always remain open.

"Irvine doesn’t have much expertise in Botox anymore since most of the people involved in R&D were layoff in 2014 or they left afterwards"

This statement is just purely false. Irvine still is the only site doing botulinum toxin research and has a significant group (~25 people) involved. Yes, it was affected by the pre- and post-acquisition layoffs but it is still a size-able group. There is also a biologics development group at the site with the ability to scale up toxin production.

I'm not arguing that neurotoxin preclinical research will always remain in Irvine or that the site will always remain open.

would literally take an act of congress to move the entire location due to botulinum