Pharma Reps Don’t Work

I’m a Nucala rep here in the Midwest. Zero access. Lots of free time. Skiing in the winter, early happy hour and golfing during the day when the weather is decent. My Midwest boss is my buddy. He too likes the free time, frequent flyer miles and the free drinks at the delta club at the airport.

I work for a company that competes with one of the divisions of GSK. I actually like the rep that covers the same territory. In this territory, offices access is bordering on excellent, but managed care is bad for me and even worse for GSK. I think for an old timer like me, that has been the biggest and worst change - managed care has trumped the provider and our excellent office access doesn't matter as much when managed care calls the shots.

As a Nucala rep the KPIs are so unrealistic I see 2 docs a day and then drop in the rest. Call it what you want but if I’m hitting my numbers Turd Ferguson is not going to have ammunition over an unrealistic number.
Keep raising the KPIs and I’ll key them in dumba$$.

People who start boards like this are the fat lazy ones sitting on their butt eating Cheetos all day - and wonder why they are in the bottom 10 percent. If one truly feels this way, then don’t work in this industry - your a joke

Make double working at Stryker and miss my kids after school activities? I take my kids to school in the morning and pick them up in the afternoon. I’m content with my salary and dropping off bagels. Life is too short to focus more on your career than life. I won’t look back in 25 years and regret being there for my children. Go make your money and apologize to your daughter for not being there for her Christmas play.
yer kids don't stay kids for very long lady. btw Aidens's probably getting cut from soccer in fifth grade so that'll free up more time for ya

I’m a Nucala rep here in the Midwest. Zero access. Lots of free time. Skiing in the winter, early happy hour and golfing during the day when the weather is decent. My Midwest boss is my buddy. He too likes the free time, frequent flyer miles and the free drinks at the delta club at the airport.

Then you work for Dan Smith.

I highly recommend the Minneapolis airport Delta lounge fantastic selection of scotches and vodkas. Great way to start on Monday and for the “week”.I sometimes stop in there even if I’m not flying that day as I have a pass to get through security from the Delta check-in desk. for Christmas or boss, gave us faraday bags to put our company devices for our privacy. It’s been like this up here for about 15 years we have quite the team and our weekly golf tournaments are legendary!
Then you work for Dan Smith.

I’m fairly young and still new(ish) to the industry. It cracks me up how many offices I walk in a day and very rarely do I ever run into reps from other companies. Don’t get me wrong, I do see a few here and there - but it’s far and few between.

I suppose I’m still early enough into it to believe I should be out working to “move the needle” in my territory, but it’s becoming more apparent everyday that people in this industry don’t work much and it doesn’t change their performance outcome. That’s hilarious.

That happens in all industries, little man.