• Tue news: 23andMe CEO no longer open to takeover. mRNA vaccines may boost cancer immunotherapy. BMS beats $6.4B lawsuit. CVS Health layoffs and potential breakup. JNJ abandoning proposed 340b plan. See more on our front page

Pfizer Medical Affairs CMAO annoucement

anonymous

I wanted to start a thread for the medical side of the organization. Maria Rivas just announced her LT - there are way more changes than in other functions, and a lot of people who were reporting to her no longer are... they tapped someone from oncology to head specialty care? Some of this just makes no sense...

<

The fact that they appointed someone from Onc to lead Specialty likely says more about the lack of confidence in I&I, RD, Derm, and Hospital leadership than anything else. We hired all these new FM O&A and FM OC people in I&I, Derm, and RD and they have not produced results. It just clogged things up with everyone fighting to see the same
KOLs and decision makers. It did nothing to advance I&I, Derm, or RD as BUs. Cibinqo hasn’t done anything, we weren’t ready to launch Abrilada, Litfulo is going nowhere, RD isn’t doing any projects with ATTR-CM or sickle cell. None of the leaders for those BUs had much of a case to make for why they should lead Specialty.

Maria Rivas is the worst thing that happened to this company. KOLs trusted medical people. She is doing her best to destroy this and turn them commercial with her stupid interaction statistics and DFO awards BS!

Maria Rivas is the worst thing that happened to this company. KOLs trusted medical people. She is doing her best to destroy this and turn them commercial with her stupid interaction statistics and DFO awards BS!
We are Pfizer. This is exactly what we do, year in, year out, and across business units. We consistently show disdain for KOLs by a) trying to develop relationships with them via Zoom or quick fly-ins, b) always putting the wrong people in front of them. Other companies bring PharmDs, NPs, people with doctorates in public health. Who do WE bring in? KAMs (many of whom are fired DMs) or worse, folks like this young lady.
I hope and pray that my Pfizer colleagues have another serious source of income or plans for the future. We need a major blood letting here.
But as I said, it's always been this way. There is not surprise that our stock values look like this____________

He certainly came across arrogant... but then he was also sitting beside a "woke" activist
What is it with you snowflakes? Every other post has "woke" or "DEI" or "book author". Man up or GTHO. We are staring at big layoffs, and you non-stop posting snowflakes are making us all look weak to any future employers.

lMaria Rivas was very toxic over at Merck. The week after medical affairs was realigned under Merck Research Labs, The head of MRL basically fired her. Good Luck with her, she was awful.