Pfizer job cuts today?

Tons of companies are cutting reps due to COVID and election uncertainty. It will be very challenging to find a good paying job within the next 12 months.

I feel bad for those impacted, but based on what you were promoting you were foolish not to move on sooner.

Severance package, WARN period until December 4, plus unemployment benefits. its not the best situation but It’s much better than nothing

Agree that the bag sucked. No way it was sustainable. T3 should have never existed. The big cut should have been made post Lyrica. The territories were barely manageable. Too big and overlap with as many as 10 other reps and two companies. Up to 5 reps promoting Cologuard in any given city of any size. Madnesss last century thinking. Pharma has to evolve. It needs to cone up with a way to pull in docs and deliver at least perceived if not true value.
Agreed that it should have been done over a year ago. It sounds like Cologuard is the new Lipitor with all the overlap in reps. It is such an antiquated system. The company could get rid of many DBM’s in all the divisions for what they do.

Agree that the bag sucked. No way it was sustainable. T3 should have never existed. The big cut should have been made post Lyrica. The territories were barely manageable. Too big and overlap with as many as 10 other reps and two companies. Up to 5 reps promoting Cologuard in any given city of any size. Madnesss last century thinking. Pharma has to evolve. It needs to cone up with a way to pull in docs and deliver at least perceived if not true value.
T3 was saved because of the layers of managers that need to justify their jobs. Even now that is is eliminated, the upper managers are saved.

It’s great the company has such a good package, but it sucks that they don’t ask for volunteers across the board. Very poor HR management. Not inspiring and not efficient/effective. Really very poorly run. Good Luck to all

I was severed last year as a C1 rep. It was a small layoff but my manager at the time suggested if I really was willing to go to let it be known to our regional manager. I called him , he was very nice and suggested it wasn’t in his hands but he appreciated me letting him know how I felt. I was very surprised when I was in fact severed which was exactly what I wanted . I was 57 at the time with 34 years and ending up getting the maximum 2 years of severance plus 3 years of health care. Looking back now, a year later it was the best decision of my life. I don’t miss the job at all and hope that every rep gets the chance to end their career the way I did.

I was severed last year as a C1 rep. It was a small layoff but my manager at the time suggested if I really was willing to go to let it be known to our regional manager. I called him , he was very nice and suggested it wasn’t in his hands but he appreciated me letting him know how I felt. I was very surprised when I was in fact severed which was exactly what I wanted . I was 57 at the time with 34 years and ending up getting the maximum 2 years of severance plus 3 years of health care. Looking back now, a year later it was the best decision of my life. I don’t miss the job at all and hope that every rep gets the chance to end their career the way I did.

When you are white and a male, you write your own ticket.

and you know the person in the previous post is white and male how ?

That person indirectly volunteered to be laid off, which provides a spot for someone else. Win for the retiring person and a win for someone needing a spot. Also a win for Pfizer because they likely kept a less expensive employee initially. What’s the problem?

and you know the person in the previous post is white and male how ?

That person indirectly volunteered to be laid off, which provides a spot for someone else. Win for the retiring person and a win for someone needing a spot. Also a win for Pfizer because they likely kept a less expensive employee initially. What’s the problem?
because it smells like baloney