• Thurs news: Sage R&D layoffs. Another Sanofi radiopharma deal. Novartis loses bid to block generic. Kezar lupus trial stopped. Why are so many pharmacies closing. See more on our front page

Person in charge of BI & NOVARTIS LAYOFFS NOW WORKS AT AZ.

Yep, you're right, but they have known about this day coming years ago. Would it not have made sense to have a layoff several months before such an event, if you were going to do it? Don't forget XR going in a few months as well. Everything has been quiet for 4 years since our last layoff. 99.9% of us haven't worked a full day in years, and yet we are all still here. Why? Because there is no real reason to let us huge % of us go! Even with patent expirations, the pipeline is rich with replacements, though maybe not quite as good as a Crestor, but still good.

Maybe it will happen. It probably needs to happen. But I'm not going to worry about it! I am getting ready to meet 3 friends for breakfast, then it's off for a beautiful day of golf! I will definitely bring my iPad with me to enter a few calls along the way! About 2 minutes from the course, is an IM office where I will drop in for a quick sig to make things look real good for a Friday!! What a great way to start the weekend!

You sir or ma'am, are a true inspiration to all of field sales! You enjoy life, sell some of AZ's vastly overpriced me too crap, and never get caught! I hope you shot par yesterday, oh great one! Lead on!

This is why we have an outside professional team handling this next massive layoff. Of course there is a formula that is used to protect against discrimination lawsuits; so many minorities, women, people over 40, etc. The outside agency is another c.y.a. so the company is removed from making what might appear to be preferential decisions.
Your manager won't be able to protect you this time. This is done strictly by the numbers and all subjectivity is removed. If you are in the wrong place at the wrong time then you will be gone. The numbers needed to cut are just too massive.

More doom and gloom. I plan to continue practicing our new tradition at AZ called the ALL DAY LIE. It's been working for years, all the while you idiots have been predicting a layoff since January 2012! You just spread this stupid rumors just to get people worked up. No layoffs now, or in the future.

Blah, blah, blah. How MANY times have we heard this layoff bullshit over the years??? You can't even count them up! If I had my way, I would lay off 75% of field sales tomorrow, because I know I would survive! How do I know that you ask? Because I have kissed my DM's ass so much, that it's raw...and he loves it! They could easily fire 75% of us lazy bastards, and not miss an Rx! But it ain't gonna happen. Just go work your 2 hours a day and enjoy what we have here at AZ!
Count away, but anyone who doesn't think this "layoff bullshit" isn't happening this time is either retarded or in terminal denial.You think they have the professional layoff team in place for no reason? Trust me, the axe is gonna fall and fall hard. Anyone without a backup plan is a fool. They've been part of the master plan for years, and I'm in a position to know. I've heard a target date of end of May, but haven't been able to confirm whether that's when the process starts or that's the termination date. Trying to do you skeptics a favor--disregard at your own risk.

Count away, but anyone who doesn't think this "layoff bullshit" isn't happening this time is either retarded or in terminal denial.You think they have the professional layoff team in place for no reason? Trust me, the axe is gonna fall and fall hard. Anyone without a backup plan is a fool. They've been part of the master plan for years, and I'm in a position to know. I've heard a target date of end of May, but haven't been able to confirm whether that's when the process starts or that's the termination date. Trying to do you skeptics a favor--disregard at your own risk.
Cuts are coming in every division. The majority are currently selling products Crestor, Seroquel and in Diabetes division. Also, although smaller number, the percentage of cuts in Hospital and Managed Markets will be substantial. These are broad across the board cuts including management. Cuts have and continue in support departments in Wilmington.

Cuts are coming in every division. The majority are currently selling products Crestor, Seroquel and in Diabetes division. Also, although smaller number, the percentage of cuts in Hospital and Managed Markets will be substantial. These are broad across the board cuts including management. Cuts have and continue in support departments in Wilmington.

Not true, we were told in neuroscience just last week that we are safe. Movantik is going strong and we will probably launch the new gout drug...so don't hype up unnecessary fear

The layoff talk has gotten real old! Nothing is going to happen. Frenchie is with us!

management should have been cut a long time ago.

Diabetes! You dumb ass we just hired 3 people in just my district. They are moving people over from PC.

Town Hall meeting with PH and majority of SSLT: we have the right number within sales force.No plans whatsoever of any reduction in 16'. We will be shifting any Crestor,etc. reps to have additional products. Personally I don't think they would lie about it, I might be fooled though. Now, if shareholders or Pascal demand otherwise,all bets would be off.

Town Hall meeting with PH and majority of SSLT: we have the right number within sales force.No plans whatsoever of any reduction in 16'. We will be shifting any Crestor,etc. reps to have additional products. Personally I don't think they would lie about it, I might be fooled though. Now, if shareholders or Pascal demand otherwise,all bets would be off.

No surprise to hear we ARE NOT HAVING ANY LAYOFFS! All the doom and gloom people have been shown to be idiots once again! We are free to enjoy "working" for AZ for years to come! "Working" may not be the best word, since we all practice THE ALL DAY LIE tradition, but as long as AZ is happy with us, everything will be smoooooth sailing!

Now off to the gym!

No surprise to hear we ARE NOT HAVING ANY LAYOFFS! All the doom and gloom people have been shown to be idiots once again! We are free to enjoy "working" for AZ for years to come! "Working" may not be the best word, since we all practice THE ALL DAY LIE tradition, but as long as AZ is happy with us, everything will be smoooooth sailing!

Now off to the gym!
Hey , I live The all day lie too , but I can also give you a great price on the Brooklyn bridge ,wake up Mr friendly you can't honestly believe everything is smooth sailing for 2016?

Some of the SSLT members in this town hall are already designing their own exit strategy.
Do you really think they are going to tell you even if they knew? Which they don't for sure but they do know that they need to be prepared because the company is bleeding money.

Some of the SSLT members in this town hall are already designing their own exit strategy.
Do you really think they are going to tell you even if they knew? Which they don't for sure but they do know that they need to be prepared because the company is bleeding money.

To many reps that are worthless. AZ a good company with stupid reps!!