• Thurs news: Sage R&D layoffs. Another Sanofi radiopharma deal. Novartis loses bid to block generic. Kezar lupus trial stopped. Why are so many pharmacies closing. See more on our front page

Person in charge of BI & NOVARTIS LAYOFFS NOW WORKS AT AZ.

I call BS on the whole thread! Everyone knows we could dump 75% of field sales tomorrow, and it wouldn't matter. But like many on here have said in the past, they need us to justify their existence. Nope, if anything, they will add more to field sales! Crazy yes, but that's AZ management!

I call BS on the whole thread! Everyone knows we could dump 75% of field sales tomorrow, and it wouldn't matter. But like many on here have said in the past, they need us to justify their existence. Nope, if anything, they will add more to field sales! Crazy yes, but that's AZ management!

Nope the OP is correct. He works for us now.

Nope the OP is correct. He works for us now.

This is all that this person does. At Novartis he was under a 12 month contract and brought his own team with him. They manage the separation process to make sure that no bias is involved. They go strictly by a formula and the company avoids the appearance of any favoritism. So it doesn't matter if someone has protected you in the past. This is strictly a legal and financially driven decision.

This is all that this person does. At Novartis he was under a 12 month contract and brought his own team with him. They manage the separation process to make sure that no bias is involved. They go strictly by a formula and the company avoids the appearance of any favoritism. So it doesn't matter if someone has protected you in the past. This is strictly a legal and financially driven decision.

There will be a lot of 50 somethings let go as a result of this if it is anything like what they did to us.

It's true. BI is in the midst of major changes- ask any of their reps. Layoffs by May.

The same guy that laid the format for the BI layoff and separation process is now doing the same at AZ. There are only two of them here now but more will be coming once the BI contract is finished. There seemed to be a lot of whispering and huddling in Wilmington last week so something is definitely up.

I doubt it. Probably here to oversee the hiring of even MORE reps/managers. No layoffs here. Move along. Nothing to see. Frenchie still loves SOV!

More doom and gloom. I plan to continue practicing our new tradition at AZ called the ALL DAY LIE. It's been working for years, all the while you idiots have been predicting a layoff since January 2012! You just spread this stupid rumors just to get people worked up. No layoffs now, or in the future.