Perlmutter Town Hall - October 1

Don't get your hopes up just yet. We may lose Vessey & Tillyer now, but the remainder of the vp layer will depend on the availability of the preferred external successors (old friends). Hence we will see a more gradual cleaning up at this level which will take place over the next 6 months or so.

Any progress at removing any of these idiots is a good thing for the future of MRL....

An invitation to the Perlmutter Town Hall in K15 on October 1 has been sent out to MRL colleagues. Does anybody know what is on the agenda and why the announcement was given on such short notice? Do you think RP will talk about all of the great progress that has been made?

Is this going to be webcast?

Chapman was a real talker. That was about it.

Yeah but all of the rocket scientists in charge ate up his bulllshit with a spoon. We wasted so much time and money on that combinatorial nonsense- money that could have been spent developing a biologics capability. We were very close to buying a building in NJ and turning it into a combinatorial factory with a hundred chemists doing this nonsense- thats what Chapman wanted. Thankfully that never happened but we still overspent big time on this stupidity. Chapman was certainly responsible for the idea and for selling it well,but someone had to buy in.

He also had the big sample library built behind R121-3. Wonder if that is now closed too along with R121-3 and Art Patchett's R50 complex. Really sad. Art was a real leader. People should see P. Roy Vagelos's Youtube discussion of the grand days at Merck, before the losers came.

If I were Parmee, Hill, Hunter, Vessey, Tillyer, Herman, or any of the others I wouldn't be able to stand myself knowing that I was a key contributor to the destruction if one of the greatest research organizations that ever existed.

Can't speak about the rest but, Hunter is excellent, he's a leader and developer of talent. Best of the bunch. We need more like him.

Andy Lee is in... lets hope the new team can revitalize the R&D engine...

The only way that will happen is if the key upper management losers who have overseen the destruction of MRL are finally kicked out- we all know who they are , their names have been mentioned repeatedly on this board and in this thread . It would mean needing to purge probably 75% of the sycophants club at AVP level or higher - I don't see it happening. Until it does, things will continue to get worse because the same incompetents who made stupid decision after stupid decision and destroyed MRL in the first place are still in charge. The definition of an idiot is someone who does the same dumb thing over and over again expecting a different outcome- this is Merck upper management. Nothing can change for the better until they are ALL purged, and that's just the sad reality .