Pay Scale Discussions

I think many assume the S3 role is for sales reps only. All HSC's are S3's earning near the 151k plus an average bonus of 36-40k. That is right, 187k minimum. Many are earning more than CTL's. This position is way too political and you have to know the top brass to be offered an assignment.

They are next in line to replace CTL's when job cuts occur. They basically do the following: MGAM-NAE stuff, MRL stuff, sales and marketing stuff and deal with reps, managers and directors all day long. Wait and see. Very quiet from the HSC's lately, something is a brewin.

I can see this....the HSCs are very in-tune with the science...more intense levels than any CTL I have ever met...CTLs are more like generalists, coordinators, organiziers, analysts,
presenters....more business minded...lighter in science.

I see HSCs differently....sort of like PharmD types even if they do not have those credentials. I wonder if DSCs have the business skills that CTLs have. Another question is could they deal with the hard-to-handle reps? Maybe not....

OMG you guys bitch about everything. I am not an S2 cry a river. Lets talk about you guys doing the crying-- You make 90 plus a 30k bonus, you only work a few hours a day on average per month, you can stay home when you want if your pissed at your manger on and on and on. Now you bitch about no one appreciating what you bring to the table after all these years. Summary-high pay relatively, little stress, not much extra work outside of making some calls, calls you dont have a certain number to make. If I walked into the mall and offered this income and talked about the "actual work" folks would knock me down to sign up, yet your complain while the guy down the road just say his wage drop from 19 per hour to 8 and he works his ass off, he gets maybe if lucky 2 weeks off and rarely can take sick days. you get 20 plus days, can call in sick when you want to with no one really able to ......
ask any questions again on and on. Stop this crap folks look around at what pharma pays and allows vs the real world. You have been in pharma so long you have lost touch with reality and what people out there really expect from the guy in an office making 90 plus. I am not the right S, my numbers are wrong, damn what an entitled group. Just my rant.
Just sour grapes

OMG you guys bitch about everything. I am not an S2 cry a river. Lets talk about you guys doing the crying-- You make 90 plus a 30k bonus, you only work a few hours a day on average per month, you can stay home when you want if your pissed at your manger on and on and on. Now you bitch about no one appreciating what you bring to the table after all these years. Summary-high pay relatively, little stress, not much extra work outside of making some calls, calls you dont have a certain number to make. If I walked into the mall and offered this income and talked about the "actual work" folks would knock me down to sign up, yet your complain while the guy down the road just say his wage drop from 19 per hour to 8 and he works his ass off, he gets maybe if lucky 2 weeks off and rarely can take sick days. you get 20 plus days, can call in sick when you want to with no one really able to ask any questions again on and on. Stop this crap folks look around at what pharma pays and allows vs the real world. You have been in pharma so long you have lost touch with reality and what people out there really expect from the guy in an office making 90 plus. I am not the right S, my numbers are wrong, damn what an entitled group. Just my rant.

Sounds like someone is an Obama lover. I bet you feel that no one is successful on their own merit. Maybe you don't work but most of us bust our asses. Much more than deli trays involved. Just because you didn't have what it takes to make it to the higher pay brackets I guess it makes you feel better to knock those who did. Typical liberal mentality! Take from those who have and give to the ones who don't have a desire to work.

Sounds like someone is an Obama lover. I bet you feel that no one is successful on their own merit. Maybe you don't work but most of us bust our asses. Much more than deli trays involved. Just because you didn't have what it takes to make it to the higher pay brackets I guess it makes you feel better to knock those who did. Typical liberal mentality! Take from those who have and give to the ones who don't have a desire to work.

Oh get over yourself you delusional stooge.

So, the pay scale for a S1 field rep is 64-109K. Anyone want to post S2 or S3 pay scales?

I came in just above the minimum, after almost a decade of employment. I'm not sure how that is really possible, especially considering I was promoted twice and a 3x award winner (prior to new S1,S2,S3 rankings, promotion freezes, etc...). Don't even get me started on who was selected to be a S2 or S3. You can keep the S3, fine, but I think too many reps got screwed by being busted back to S1 status.

I really hoped that they would use this opportunity to adjust people's pay based on tenure, performance, etc. I guess not. If you fell between your range you are left there, with no regard to the fact a new hire (not contract) would be making about what I make. I don't get it.

Just my rant....

Just seeing this. Don't understand how your base could be so low after ten years and two promotions. You also should have been around for the big pay adjustment upward they did when McMahon was in charge. Hard to see how someone with ten years in would make less than at least $75,000.

I think many assume the S3 role is for sales reps only. All HSC's are S3's earning near the 151k plus an average bonus of 36-40k. That is right, 187k minimum. Many are earning more than CTL's. This position is way too political and you have to know the top brass to be offered an assignment.

They are next in line to replace CTL's when job cuts occur. They basically do the following: MGAM-NAE stuff, MRL stuff, sales and marketing stuff and deal with reps, managers and directors all day long. Wait and see. Very quiet from the HSC's lately, something is a brewin.

When I was hired, back years ago now, my then manager encouraged me to interview for getting an HSC spot... I was not interested and decided not to pursue it. Tough luck for me now...probably lost out on an opportunity to make plenty more than I do now.

So, the pay scale for a S1 field rep is 64-109K. Anyone want to post S2 or S3 pay scales?

I came in just above the minimum, after almost a decade of employment. I'm not sure how that is really possible, especially considering I was promoted twice and a 3x award winner (prior to new S1,S2,S3 rankings, promotion freezes, etc...). Don't even get me started on who was selected to be a S2 or S3. You can keep the S3, fine, but I think too many reps got screwed by being busted back to S1 status.

I really hoped that they would use this opportunity to adjust people's pay based on tenure, performance, etc. I guess not. If you fell between your range you are left there, with no regard to the fact a new hire (not contract) would be making about what I make. I don't get it.

Just my rant....

It's not possible to have 10 years exp and be just above the S1 minimum.

No one I know makes that kind of money unless they are a manager......or one of the few who are what is called a super, duper S3 with push and mucho years in.......

Most reps are no where near that amount......

It is the PAY RANGE not necessarily the salaries but someone I know gave me the same s3 numbers.

Youre a little off on the s3 average pay. I'm s3 w/ about 10 yrs in a specialty division:
$117k base & my ctl says i'm at the high end of range

Youre a little off on the s3 average pay. I'm s3 w/ about 10 yrs in a specialty division:
$117k base & my ctl says i'm at the high end of range

Over 10 years in specialty and under 95K....plus your much higher bonus gives you at least another edge of 15K or more on top of that ......so almost 40K higher total than lower S reps....

Wow...Incredible!!
Major income variations....What other background do you have besides just that 10 years and a BA?