• Tue news: Regeneron fails to block Eylea biosimilar. Inside the GLP-1 price war. Novartis inks $1B biobucks deal. UCB/Biogen lupus drug. Lilly Alzheimer’s drug approved in Japan. See more on our front page

Paulson: Allergan Worth $220/Share If Valeant Bid Goes Through

Anonymous

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2014...n-worth-220share-if-valeant-bid-goes-through/

By ROB COPELAND and MAUREEN FARRELL

Hedge-fund manager John Paulson believes Allergan Inc.AGN +0.88% shares could be worth almost double their current price if Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc.VRX.T +2.32% is successful in taking over the Botox maker.

Mr. Paulson’s firm, Paulson & Co., last month revealed it owns about 6 million shares of Allergan, or about 2% of the company, and supports the proposed $53 billion deal. Valeant shares were trading at around $121 Wednesday afternoon.

Mr. Paulson was speaking at CNBC’s Delivering Alpha conference in New York.

Valeant and William Ackman‘s hedge fund, Pershing Square Capital Management LP, have teamed on the takeover bid for Allergan. Mr. Paulson didn’t respond to a direct question from the moderator at the event about whether he had spoken with Mr. Ackman about the proposed deal.

Earlier Wednesday, Mr. Ackman sent a letter to Allergan’s board criticizing its response to the takeover proposal. In the letter, reviewed by The Wall Street Journal, Mr. Ackman said Allergan has violated its fiduciary duty by not negotiating.

<

Apparently Ackman and Paulson don't care where they make their money. Apparently destroying a valuable, viable drug company makes no difference to them. What a sad reflection on values.

Great link!!!! Very clearly Ackman is panicked. And WHO is the Goon next to him? My prediction is that this will take too long for Mr. Ackman to wait out. You can already see and hear the frustration in his voice and body language. I like how he keeps referring to things as possibly illegal. Your insider trading makes you "illegal". Pick up your toys and go home Bill.

Carl Icahn. Another activist investor. It wouldn't be surprising if he owns some AGN now.

The two men were not always so nice to each other.

"I've really sort of had it with this Ackman guy," Icahn said at one point during their CNBC fight last year.

"Carl, you think I want to invest with you?" Ackman charged later.

"I wouldn't invest with you if you were the last man on Earth!" Icahn bellowed in an exchange typical of the exchange's tenor.

Ackman wants to kill R&D jobs in the US to turn a quick short-term buck. Let Ackman and Valeant grow larger and destroy more R&D jobs in the US economy and you have the dumbest most short sighted strategy in a global competitive market ever!

I'm sure someone from Allergan's defense team will point this out but I have to ask this simple question? If Allergan is worth $220/share like Paulson and even Ackman are now saying then why are they offering only $179/share? Doesn't that confirm Allergan's stance that the current offer significantly undervalues the company?

Taking my bias out of this it really sounds like Ackman/Pearson and whatever hedge fund scumbag is chiming in really have no idea what they are talking about and are too stupid to realize that they are constantly contradicting what they're saying.

And why doesn't ANYONE from CNBC call these idiots out when they make these statements! These billionaire hedge fund guys are covered by the media with kid gloves more than super star athletes or even celebrities. It's so obvious.

Pearson/Ackman should just say we want to make a quick buck at the expense of another company. We really don't know much about the industry but this will make us a lot of money and pave the way for future deals to be done this way and as a hedge fund manager I need to ensure my funds are doing well at any cost and this is a way for me to do this.

If Allergan is worth $220/share like Paulson and even Ackman are now saying then why are they offering only $179/share? Doesn't that confirm Allergan's stance that the current offer significantly undervalues the company?

Yes. Paulson is suggesting that Allergan could negotiate a better deal with Valeant. So far, Pyott has refused to talk with Valeant.

Yes. Paulson is suggesting that Allergan could negotiate a better deal with Valeant. So far, Pyott has refused to talk with Valeant.

LOL....OK that's it more spin . . .. No the reason is Valeant does not have enough money or cannot gain enough financing, hence the third offer Ackman decided to take on more stock to give more money to shareholders.

Keep trying though, it's picking holes in the Valeant/Ackman arguments. I'm shocked these guys have this much money, they're seem pretty stupid.

That's on a really old stock price.

We raised the floor and are going to sore!

Here's what ackman said this morning: if Allergan doesn't want this deal to go through it won't because I didn't realize how impotent I am