Open TAM Respiratory/Rheum Position Southern CA

anonymous

I’m currently with another large Biotech, and quite happy. But I was approached about this position and I’m only considering it if it makes financial sense. I know there’s another thread about respiratory layoffs so I’m trying to understand why this position is open? Was someone laid off? It says Los Angeles & Orange County, so 1 rep covering that entire geography? I’m trying to get information before my interview. From one rep to another, any insight is helpful. Thanks

<

I’m currently with another large Biotech, and quite happy. But I was approached about this position and I’m only considering it if it makes financial sense. I know there’s another thread about respiratory layoffs so I’m trying to understand why this position is open? Was someone laid off? It says Los Angeles & Orange County, so 1 rep covering that entire geography? I’m trying to get information before my interview. From one rep to another, any insight is helpful. Thanks

How about this. Why don’t you apply and find out. Let us know with your update.

If you have done something right in your life, karma may actually prevent you from making a mistake.

Word on the street is that GNE is filling a number of open positions with Pfizer personnel.

in other words, they are looking for robots to carry out the marching orders. No thinking person need apply.

Word on the street is that GNE is filling a number of open positions with Pfizer personnel.

in other words, they are looking for robots to carry out the marching orders. No thinking person need apply.

Smart and thinking people don't join a cult. Honest people don't work for dishonest management.

If you are truly "quite happy" ... then stay ... and run far, far, far away from Genentech. Many of us are choosing severance and getting the hell out of here.

The reason there is a position is, We don't want it. This is a terrible place to work and they can't find anyone internally to take it. It's true. Don't waste your time over here unless you don't have a job.

Unless you are unemployed, DO NOT come to this company. I was one of the "lucky" ones who get to stay. However, the environment and the leadership are so bad that I am leaving for another company without a severance in 2 weeks. That tells you how miserable it is to be here.

I hear Genentech is having a hard time finding people to take these jobs. They are now offer them to non-oncology people. Are they really offering 170,000? Not bad if you are a young, newer rep but, you will be miserable which is unfortunate.

Trust me, they don't pay 170K to someone with no oncology experience. They just flushed out a bunch of expensive high performing people. The whole layoff is a cost cutting exercise. The new selling modeling and ecosystem are just smoke and mirror peddled by the most dishonest management in the biotech industry. The name Genentech is already trashed and being ridiculed by the industry. I opted out and just landed a job in another company. What a narrow escape! I really did not appreciate the level of abject failure of this company until I got into my job search process! You really can not understand or believe the nonsense until you witness it first hand! It is like going to Standford and then realized that you are being taught by lying clowns!

Trust me, they don't pay 170K to someone with no oncology experience. They just flushed out a bunch of expensive high performing people. The whole layoff is a cost cutting exercise. The new selling modeling and ecosystem are just smoke and mirror peddled by the most dishonest management in the biotech industry. The name Genentech is already trashed and being ridiculed by the industry. I opted out and just landed a job in another company. What a narrow escape! I really did not appreciate the level of abject failure of this company until I got into my job search process! You really can not understand or believe the nonsense until you witness it first hand! It is like going to Standford and then realized that you are being taught by lying clowns!
#MeToo!

Who’s to say you’re not being taught by lying clowns at Stanford or Harvard for that matter of fact??

Genentech is a horrible place to work unless you hate yourself. Then by all means join the circus of discontent: the wannabe; the snake oilsmen, token minorities, etc. You have to be willing to sell your sell for money of course. They feel by dangling a carrot which is your wages. In exchange to sell out your friends and family or anyone against the cults message. What is that message, you ask? In the name of inclusiveness and diversity. Visually. However, no diverse thought. Let that sit with you a second in a supposed place of SCIENCE.

As a black women, I cannot take this place seriously anymore. Before all the D&I hoopla, I was respected by my peers because they knew how hard I worked and committed I was to my job. Now this disingenuous D&I project led by our disingenuous leaders created an environment of distrust and animosity. The good and smart people are all gone. Why would they? Now we are left with a bunch of phony wannabes and bottom feeders. All of my credibility left with the people who recognized me as a professional, not a black woman. Come to this company with your own risk. I am planning my exit. This place is beyond repair now. Thanks to this incompetent and dishonest leadership team!