• Fri news: Gilead withdraws bladder cancer drug. Amgen and Intercept PDUFA date pushback. CVS replaces CEO. Supernus depression trial. AbbVie Parkinson’s approval. See more on our front page

Onglyza

Bydureon is not a good drug. Yes, once a week is a benefit, however, it is far to complicated and time consuming to have huge sales.

I agree with OP that it will be interesting to see how the company positions the use of Ong vs. Byd. However, I completely disagree with poster #2. I sell Byd (for now at least) and I can tell you that my providers have a grat deal of interest in the class, love the idea of once weekly and are seeing very good results with this drug. I believe the increased effort behind Byd that will take place soon are exactly what is needed at this time for Byd to reach its potential. I hope we are kept on board to sell with you, but even if not, dont let the novo reps or others with an axe to grind, sell you the lie that Byd is not a good drug.

Come on guys/gals it's pretty easy. If you need a slight decrease in a1c reduction you go dpp4 if you have a patient that's struggling higher than 8 on the a1c you have Bydureon . Patient profiling is key here.

Bydureon is not a good drug. Yes, once a week is a benefit, however, it is far to complicated and time consuming to have huge sales.

Agreed and why give BMS Bydureon and not Byetta. Seems like BMS REPS WILL BE TRYING TO CONVERT BYETTA TO BYDUREON AND AMYLIN REPS WILL BE GLAD NO MATTER WHICH ONE IS WRITTEN. CONFLICT BREWING

Very,very little. Much better wity Byetta.

That's not true at all! Byetta does have better coverage with Medicare and Medicaid, but for being a new launch, Bydureon has lowest branded coverage on many commercial plans 4-7 months earlier than industry averages. The plans include Caremark/CVS, Express Scripts, Medco--and some BCBS plans have already gone Tier 2.

Hopefully the $10 copay cards that have been used with Onglyza are implemented quickly for Bydureon!

That's not true at all! Byetta does have better coverage with Medicare and Medicaid, but for being a new launch, Bydureon has lowest branded coverage on many commercial plans 4-7 months earlier than industry averages. The plans include Caremark/CVS, Express Scripts, Medco--and some BCBS plans have already gone Tier 2.

Hopefully the $10 copay cards that have been used with Onglyza are implemented quickly for Bydureon!

Coverage for Onglyza is not great either, 3 years post launch. Formulary coverage comes and goes, docs get frustarted when they Rx and it gets kicked back so they don't try to Rx again.

Copay cards are not being used as one would expect. They are left at physician's office and pharmacy and usage is riduculously low.

Agreed and why give BMS Bydureon and not Byetta. Seems like BMS REPS WILL BE TRYING TO CONVERT BYETTA TO BYDUREON AND AMYLIN REPS WILL BE GLAD NO MATTER WHICH ONE IS WRITTEN. CONFLICT BREWING

This will be a major problem because Amylin does not give a hoot which drug is written and the poor BMS reps will be fighting to get this shit drug Bydureon written with its no managed care and complicated setup w/o having the ability to promote Byetta

This will be a major problem because Amylin does not give a hoot which drug is written and the poor BMS reps will be fighting to get this shit drug Bydureon written with its no managed care and complicated setup w/o having the ability to promote Byetta

Is this true? If so, we have a problem which has no resolve