• Fri news: Gilead withdraws bladder cancer drug. Amgen and Intercept PDUFA date pushback. CVS replaces CEO. Supernus depression trial. AbbVie Parkinson’s approval. See more on our front page

Onglyza review by analysts

Anonymous

Bristol-Myers and AstraZeneca's other diabetes drug Onglyza has been a relative flop because it acts in the same way as Merck's (NYSE: MRK**) Januvia. Without any way to differentiate Onglyza, the companies have struggled to take a bite out of Januvia's market share.

Bristol-Myers and AstraZeneca's other diabetes drug Onglyza has been a relative flop because it acts in the same way as Merck's (NYSE: MRK**) Januvia. Without any way to differentiate Onglyza, the companies have struggled to take a bite out of Januvia's market share.

I am calling BS on this post. Onglyza is a "me too" for sure but the problem is the whole pharma industry resistance to new drugs
Effient a flop *dangerous but a niche
Brillinta a flop * bid dosage dyspnea super small niche
Plavix the gold standard *soon to be generic
Managed care will NEVER let these other drugs through to easy access
OBTW Tradjenta launch worse than Onglyza same reason plus weaker sales force
Welcome to the brave new world
Sunshine act...no free food
Mail samples

NO NEED FOR REPS AT ALL

I am calling BS on this post. Onglyza is a "me too" for sure but the problem is the whole pharma industry resistance to new drugs
Effient a flop *dangerous but a niche
Brillinta a flop * bid dosage dyspnea super small niche
Plavix the gold standard *soon to be generic
Managed care will NEVER let these other drugs through to easy access
OBTW Tradjenta launch worse than Onglyza same reason plus weaker sales force
Welcome to the brave new world
Sunshine act...no free food
Mail samples

NO NEED FOR REPS AT ALL

Hmmmmm, it seems that Victoza (2nd to market in its class) had a pretty good launch.

How can you possible differentiate Onglyza from Januvia? Also Trajenda will over take Onglyza due to the dosing and lack of DD interactions. God luck to all in Michigan, Minnesota and Massachusetts.