• Fri news: Gilead withdraws bladder cancer drug. Amgen and Intercept PDUFA date pushback. CVS replaces CEO. Supernus depression trial. AbbVie Parkinson’s approval. See more on our front page

Onglyza price = Januvia

Onglyza priced on par with Januvia at $5.72 per pill

Nice except that Januvia is tier 2 on virtually every commercial plan. Isn't that about the same price per day for a Weight Watchers diet?? About as arrogant as pricing Prasagruel 18% above Plavix. But, there is a fool born every day and it's our job to find them. Oh well.

Nice except that Januvia is tier 2 on virtually every commercial plan. Isn't that about the same price per day for a Weight Watchers diet?? About as arrogant as pricing Prasagruel 18% above Plavix. But, there is a fool born every day and it's our job to find them. Oh well.

Par for BMS A SHITTY COMPANY.

Januvia has 3rd tier status on BCBS

Let's conveniently forget that Januvia is a tier 2 product about 90% or more of the time. Unless you are tier 2 on a formulary I would suggest you stick a dirty sock in your mouth. By the way Januvia is tier 2 on BCBS dick. Get your facts straight. Or perhaps you will try lying to physicians to get a few scripts. LOSER!!!

The size of your pill is constantly mentioned as an advantage. Sounds to me like you get more weight for your money with Januvia. Perhaps your management should try lowering the price of Onglyshit since it has absolutely nothing better than Januvia.

Let's conveniently forget that Januvia is a tier 2 product about 90% or more of the time. Unless you are tier 2 on a formulary I would suggest you stick a dirty sock in your mouth. By the way Januvia is tier 2 on BCBS dick. Get your facts straight. Or perhaps you will try lying to physicians to get a few scripts. LOSER!!!

You sound SCARED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The size of your pill is constantly mentioned as an advantage. Sounds to me like you get more weight for your money with Januvia. Perhaps your management should try lowering the price of Onglyshit since it has absolutely nothing better than Januvia.

ACTUALLY MEATBALL...our pill is bigger...that means it must be better.....don't you know anything????

what are the drug companies trying to do?There is no need for Onglyza to cost what they charge. they are ripping the American people off. i try to diet and eat right and cannot help that my sugar is out of balance.

I am always amazed at the childish bickering on here. Is this the mentality of the average rep? My pill is better than yours..na na na! JC they are practically the exact same drug. ARe you both so blinded by immaturity and swallowed the company line that much?

Maybe when your football team plays ours, we can rumble afterwards... pathetic

Its on every Highmark BCBS plan in my area douche bag.

A big problem with this is that potential advantages of Onglyza appear to be marginal. Yes, it is a smaller pill and easier to swallow and yes it can be taken once-daily instead of two daily as is the case with Janumet. This will be more convenient for a few people.

But despite myriad of DPP-IV drugs (launched and in development), none has attempted to differentiate themselves based on controlled "heat-to-head" clinical studies vs Januvia/Janumet. Without this empirical data, the assumption is that DPP-IV drugs do not differ much from one another. Moreover, these new drugs lack the established efficacy : safety profile of Januvia.

Accordingly, A1c change has more relation to baseline levels in type 2 patients than to which member of the DPP-IV class is investigated (e.g. higher levels detected when patients with higher baselines are tested) - this effect is a generalized finding for oral treatment of type 2 diabetes, particularly metformin. (DeFronzo RA, Stonehouse AH, Han J, Wintle ME. Relationship of baseline HbA1c and efficacy of current glucose-lowering therapies: A meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials. Diab Med 2010; 27:309-17.)

Regardless, even in the absence of differential pricing from Onglyza, the first-to-market Januvia is dominating the DPP-IV market with more than six times the revenue of Onglyza and Galvus combined. (http://pharmapricing.org/janumet-vs-onglyza-and-the-end-of-the-me-too-era-pharma-market-access-case)

The me too era is over and made much worse by the rapidly impending patent cliff.