One of our Executive Vice Presidents just sole $2.6 Million shares of company stock!

Anonymous

I am just planning on losing my job. SO, I was in with my financial advisor today to discuss rolling my 401k. I guess when an officer sells their company stock, they have to send a special form to the SEC. Well Amy Schulman just sold 100,000 shares of Pfizer stock for $2.6 million. I don't know about you guys, but I am selling all my shares on Monday. This story is just getting worse and worse.

<

Re: One of our Executive Vice Presidents just sole $2.6 Million shares of company sto

I am just planning on losing my job. SO, I was in with my financial advisor today to discuss rolling my 401k. I guess when an officer sells their company stock, they have to send a special form to the SEC. Well Amy Schulman just sold 100,000 shares of Pfizer stock for $2.6 million. I don't know about you guys, but I am selling all my shares on Monday. This story is just getting worse and worse.

I'm sure she was just diversifying asset allocations or selling to pay those NYC & NY taxes and preparing for the fiscal cliff on the 1%.

Of course, could be for Christmas shopping on Madison Avenue too. A Girl needs her some fashions and face paint.

Re: One of our Executive Vice Presidents just sole $2.6 Million shares of company sto

"sole" ?

what a stupid a** you are

Yes, I guess a typo is more meaningful than our top, inside management dumping shares of our company stock. Let me guess, you were one of the motivational speakers we had a Pfizer. You seem pretty positive. We are all under stress right now, just trying to give helpful advice. We don't need the childish name calling.

I'm sure she was just diversifying asset allocations or selling to pay those NYC & NY taxes and preparing for the fiscal cliff on the 1%.

Of course, could be for Christmas shopping on Madison Avenue too. A Girl needs her some fashions and face paint.

sole....

and you wonder why we are laying off people

sole..

and you actually think you infuence a physician ?

Unfortunatly, it is part of the divorce settlement. Ease up people.

It's called a Form 4. Here's a link to the transaction on the SEC website

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/78003/000122520812024844/xslF345X03/doc4.xml

It looks like she had the option to buy at 17.47 and then turn around and sell it for 25.55. Not a bad profit. TShe may just be preparing for the possible increase in long term capital gains. On a positive note our stock as almost doubled over the past two years, on the flip side that may mean a lot of selling this month so people can lock in the 20% tax vs taking a chance on 25% cap gains tax. Although that is a lot of shares she liquidated.

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/78003/000122520812024844/xslF345X03/doc4.xml

It looks like she had the option to buy at 17.47 and then turn around and sell it for 25.55. Not a bad profit. TShe may just be preparing for the possible increase in long term capital gains. On a positive note our stock as almost doubled over the past two years, on the flip side that may mean a lot of selling this month so people can lock in the 20% tax vs taking a chance on 25% cap gains tax. Although that is a lot of shares she liquidated.

We should all feel sorry for the 1% if they have to pay a 25% cap gains tax instead of 20%. Let's see - for Amy that would be $1.95 million after tax instead of $2.08 million. Our hearts go out to these poor rich people. $1.95 million doesn't go far these days.

We should all feel sorry for the 1% if they have to pay a 25% cap gains tax instead of 20%. Let's see - for Amy that would be $1.95 million after tax instead of $2.08 million. Our hearts go out to these poor rich people. $1.95 million doesn't go far these days.

I thought capital gains tax was 15%?

I thought capital gains tax was 15%?

Yes it is, and the Left is more concerned about "sticking it to the man" than the negative impact that taxing capital has on our economy. For someone who is about to join the ranks of Obama's millions in the unemployment line, you would think the OP would want capital to be used for job creation, not going to the black hole of the US Treasury..... But stupid is as stupid does...

Get over it asshole. I'm always amazed how pepole are so jealous of other people's wealth. Go earn it like most do. This has become a "hand-out" nation. The rich should not be responsible to pay more taxes for others. We are all given a hand of card in life, kinda like poker. VIf you don't like the card you are given...then change the cards. You bleeding heart liberals crack me up.

Just goes to show how little people know about capital gains tax. Its 15% dumb___. Your libtard democrat friends want to increase it to between 20-25%. Its exactly why AS exercised her shares in 2012. She may be a liberal democrat, but she's like the rest of us in not wanting to pay more in taxes than needed. The only problem with this is you would think a total liberal like AS surely would want to pay the same kind of tax rate her lowlife party wants to tax the rest of hardworking americans. Always a double standard with the liberals. Good for everyone else, not good for them.

I don't care what the actual tax number is going to be. When the tax break expires, it's only an extra 5%. According to that form she has until 2018 to exercise her options. You would think that if you believed in the growth of the company, you would keep that money invested and working for you. That's why our retirement plans are tax deferred. I'm selling on Monday. I am not going to let our top leaders that have all the know abandon ship and leave my shares to sink.

Just goes to show how little people know about capital gains tax. Its 15% dumb___. Your libtard democrat friends want to increase it to between 20-25%. Its exactly why AS exercised her shares in 2012. She may be a liberal democrat, but she's like the rest of us in not wanting to pay more in taxes than needed. The only problem with this is you would think a total liberal like AS surely would want to pay the same kind of tax rate her lowlife party wants to tax the rest of hardworking americans. Always a double standard with the liberals. Good for everyone else, not good for them.

Pretty good rant, but you made a glaring mistake. LONG term capital gains (for investments held longer than 1 yr) are taxed at 15%. Short term CG's are taxed at ordinary income rates.

Her tax burden will be determined by how long she held the option after it was issued:

If you make what's called a "disqualifying disposition" by selling less than two years after the grant date or less than one year after the exercise date, some or all of your gain will now be taxed as ordinary income rather than at the lower capital-gains rate. The tax rate on the spread from the exercise price to the price at which you sell the stock will depend on your holding period (which begins on the day after the exercise date).

So before you make fun of other posters, learn the material.

The point folks is that this sinking ship is going fast...and the life boats are coming in handy.

Getting the most of your stock NOW is a wise decision; it is only going to drop further!

The Pfizer luster has definitely lost its' glow...and will be hard to shine in the wake of all the continued problems, and lack of new/different products.

Best to all in these uncertain times!

Pretty good rant, but you made a glaring mistake. LONG term capital gains (for investments held longer than 1 yr) are taxed at 15%. Short term CG's are taxed at ordinary income rates.

Her tax burden will be determined by how long she held the option after it was issued:

If you make what's called a "disqualifying disposition" by selling less than two years after the grant date or less than one year after the exercise date, some or all of your gain will now be taxed as ordinary income rather than at the lower capital-gains rate. The tax rate on the spread from the exercise price to the price at which you sell the stock will depend on your holding period (which begins on the day after the exercise date).

So before you make fun of other posters, learn the material.

So if I am reading this correctly, she would rather sell her stock now and pay ordinary income tax at the 35% rate instead of holding it for a year, sell it next year and pay a 20% capital gains rate. Now I am scared.

No matter the current discussion, It would be a riot to have a check in my hand for close to 2 million for the holidays.

It would be a ball to roll into the European luxury car dealership and go shopping for the afternoon.

No worries about mortgage, retirement or healthcare cost. It would certainly be nice.

I am aware that people who get to these positions can be cyborgs. I for one, however, would get to 3-4 million in investments, shoot for a 6% annual return and loaf around the rest of my life.