On Point

Anonymous

Cannot believe we are required to communicate 3 times per week as a pod and district. This is CRAZY, worse than any other big pharma agenda!!! Yet, we hear how small we are in Vegas with our 42 quarters of growth. Then WHY are you changing it into big pharma tactics and metrics. If what we have been doing is working, why this??? There are agendas, minutes, actions, initiatives. A freaking 30 minute training to tell me how to communicate to 2-3 other people... INSANE!

<

Wait, you dont actually buy the stuff they were selling us at the meeting do you? Its pharma 101. Do a mass hiring, launch a drug, then layoff. Every single doctor in my area is so sick of 12 Novo reps coming in a day. Layoffs in 2014 or 2015 for sure, and anyone who says no, are just fooling themselves.

Believe it. You get paid plenty, I think you can handle a couple of quick calls. I'd rather have a set time than have my DBM surprise me with a one off call any time.

If it works better and we make more, you'll sound like a whiny baby

Cannot believe we are required to communicate 3 times per week as a pod and district. This is CRAZY, worse than any other big pharma agenda!!! Yet, we hear how small we are in Vegas with our 42 quarters of growth. Then WHY are you changing it into big pharma tactics and metrics. If what we have been doing is working, why this??? There are agendas, minutes, actions, initiatives. A freaking 30 minute training to tell me how to communicate to 2-3 other people... INSANE!

This is EXACTLY why I left Sanofi. Oh well, It looks like Takeda is hiring :)

Communicating with your team is a good thing. The bad part is the silly agenda and notes to roll up the hill. My team talks multiple times every day as it is so this is no help to us. Just more busy work because we have to write it all down.

Communicating with your team is a good thing. The bad part is the silly agenda and notes to roll up the hill. My team talks multiple times every day as it is so this is no help to us. Just more busy work because we have to write it all down.

Multiple times every day? That's the issue. You should shoot the shit with your partners less often and focus on calling on customers. Now, because of idiots like you, we all have to be told when and how to talk to our partners. You fucked it up. Now we all have to pay for it. Thanks!

Multiple times every day? That's the issue. You should shoot the shit with your partners less often and focus on calling on customers. Now, because of idiots like you, we all have to be told when and how to talk to our partners. You fucked it up. Now we all have to pay for it. Thanks!

The reality is, the documentation of all of the pod communication is a way to validate the process for upper management and the executive team, and then they in turn can come up with some metric on a fancy graph to show us at the next meeting to say "see - we told you this works!"

I think we should start the week off with a conference call to build momentum on Monday morning. Then daily breakfast meetings with our ever-loving POD-mates, and of course don't forget to check in with your manager at least 2 or 3 times that week assuming you don't have a 2-day ride along that is worth it's weight in gold! Oh, did I mention the AE's, MSL's, CDE's, IDCS's, EDCS's. Can't forget them. After a nice wrap up call at 5:00 on Friday, we have all day Saturday to see our targets.

Somebody pinch me, I'm so giddy with excitement. Let's start this week.

I believe it was post 13 that explained it best. This is basically for the folks at the home office who will put together a nice power point presentation with all the meeting that the reps and dm's have. It means absolutely nothing. It's checking a box. It's not sales and never has been about sales. It's about babysitting. Everyone knows this job is not sales. It's marketing a product. Also,reps do not sell. The folks who get drugs on formulary and in favorable position with BBBS,Aetna,etc. Also,don't forget those great lobbyists who really get things done. I really can't believe Novo has pods. It's insulting to anyone who has any integrity and believes in being held accountable. What other business has PODS where folks compete against each other. It's the antithesis of what sales is all about.

I believe it was post 13 that explained it best. This is basically for the folks at the home office who will put together a nice power point presentation with all the meeting that the reps and dm's have. It means absolutely nothing. It's checking a box. It's not sales and never has been about sales. It's about babysitting. Everyone knows this job is not sales. It's marketing a product. Also,reps do not sell. The folks who get drugs on formulary and in favorable position with BBBS,Aetna,etc. Also,don't forget those great lobbyists who really get things done. I really can't believe Novo has pods. It's insulting to anyone who has any integrity and believes in being held accountable. What other business has PODS where folks compete against each other. It's the antithesis of what sales is all about.

Name us another business that has experienced 42 consecutive quarters of double digit growth, and then we'll talk. The rest of it clearly does not matter.

Wow. We have "Mr. Negative About Everything" on CP now. In your divine wisdon, tell us everything else that's wrong with the world...

These posts failed to mention that all of our ON POINT calls will be RECORDED!!!! Make sure to keep up that positive, ass-kissing attitude while on this lame-ass call...

Post 16. You're right. Nothing else matters other than growing business. That's why they make you do busy work. You don't think your boss or their boss knows you can do this job in 2 or 3 hours and take Friday off? That's why they want you doing busy work. It keeps you busy. Not actually marketing but doing a report about a report with data that's a few months old. This is not rocket science.