• Mon news: Ventyx gets boost from Sanofi. PhRMA IRA legal challenge gets new life. AZ breast cancer drug disappoints. Teva’s once-monthly schizophrenia med. AZ gets FDA approval for first self-administered flu vaccine. See more on our front page

OMG!!!! We are in big trouble in the Alzheimer's Division!

Although most of the information on this thread is very accurate. You are not. It is extremely obvious you were passed on and you are still stewing over it. Get over it sour grapes. They got the top performers, not 3rd or 4th choices. So get that straight. Your obsession and anger for not getting the job is getting the best of you. Some people took a shot to come here, but quickly realized after looking at the data closely, it was not a good idea.

Anybody that looked at the data closely AFTER coming here is an idiot. I agree with above poster, most that came were not top performers because top performers do their research BEFORE booking a ticket onto the Titanic

Although most of the information on this thread is very accurate. You are not. It is extremely obvious you were passed on and you are still stewing over it. Get over it sour grapes. They got the top performers, not 3rd or 4th choices. So get that straight. Your obsession and anger for not getting the job is getting the best of you. Some people took a shot to come here, but quickly realized after looking at the data closely, it was not a good idea.

This has to be a troll post. Only the most idiot of reps took this position. People that were fired for cause in last position. NEVER TAKE A JOB FOR A PRODUCT THAT HAS A LOW CHANCE OF APPROVAL.

Well, laughs on you because I still have a job and won’t be in the soup line in a couple months.

Well, laughs on you because I still have a job and won’t be in the soup line in a couple months.

Nice try you FREAK. Next time you want to leave messages like this, I'd advise you not to leave three straight messages in a row with less than 5 minutes apart. The other poster was right. You are a disgruntled idiot who has an axe to grind because you were passed over. "Soup Line" ???? Give us a break. How melodramatic can you get? If there will be layoffs, people will get other jobs so just go away. You clearly have psych issues and need therapy.

Nice try you FREAK. Next time you want to leave messages like this, I'd advise you not to leave three straight messages in a row with less than 5 minutes apart. The other poster was right. You are a disgruntled idiot who has an axe to grind because you were passed over. "Soup Line" ???? Give us a break. How melodramatic can you get? If there will be layoffs, people will get other jobs so just go away. You clearly have psych issues and need therapy.

Yes people will get another job, but potentially/probably not in pharma as a rep. The whole industry is downsizing reps due to COVID and other long term factors.

Umm not in pharma they won’t. Not any time soon. You’ll be brine and have drained your 401k before you get another good job in pharma if ever

Umm not in pharma they won’t. Not any time soon. You’ll be brine and have drained your 401k before you get another good job in pharma if ever

There are plenty of pharmaceutical jobs out there, even now. Im constantly get job alerts as well as opportunities from recruiters. Go away. I read the thread as well. You are someone that was passed over and you are pissed and can't get over it.

If the drug doesn't get approved which probably is the case, it isn't the end of the world and there are jobs out there.

There are plenty of pharmaceutical jobs out there, even now. Im constantly get job alerts as well as opportunities from recruiters. Go away. I read the thread as well. You are someone that was passed over and you are pissed and can't get over it.

If the drug doesn't get approved which probably is the case, it isn't the end of the world and there are jobs out there.

Ok fair enough....I do see some contract jobs posted...infrequently but they do pop up. And a hospice job comes open every 2 months or so. So yeah the market isn’t completely dry if you’re happy making $60k base and can grab a contract job and bounce around until another good company has a posting. Of course then you’d have to get the job with the good company which can be a real challenge if you don’t have a strong internal referral now a days.

As for me...I don’t want to take a huge pat cut to $60k base for a 1-2 year job all the while knowing my job won’t last and I’m constantly looking for something else. That’s a lot of stress and mental unrest. And oh btw that contract job could end at any moment.

And oh yeah the huge lifestyle change that it brings for my family & giving up all the comforts of life that we are used to. How much of your savings do you drain while you hope to get one of those 2 contract jobs that are open? How much money do you drain trying to hold on to that comfy life style that your wife and kids are used to? Are you ok living like a poor person? You ok with your kids not getting to wear those nice clothes? Are they gonna be ok with it?

Ok fair enough....I do see some contract jobs posted...infrequently but they do pop up. And a hospice job comes open every 2 months or so. So yeah the market isn’t completely dry if you’re happy making $60k base and can grab a contract job and bounce around until another good company has a posting. Of course then you’d have to get the job with the good company which can be a real challenge if you don’t have a strong internal referral now a days.

As for me...I don’t want to take a huge pat cut to $60k base for a 1-2 year job all the while knowing my job won’t last and I’m constantly looking for something else. That’s a lot of stress and mental unrest. And oh btw that contract job could end at any moment.

And oh yeah the huge lifestyle change that it brings for my family & giving up all the comforts of life that we are used to. How much of your savings do you drain while you hope to get one of those 2 contract jobs that are open? How much money do you drain trying to hold on to that comfy life style that your wife and kids are used to? Are you ok living like a poor person? You ok with your kids not getting to wear those nice clothes? Are they gonna be ok with it?

Based on their education level, all reps should be paid 60k a year, if that. Go get an MD, JD or at minimum MBA if you want to make real money.

Omg the above message is the most pathetic wimpish message I have ever read on here. You sound so weak. Despite Covid, there are plenty of jobs out there for strong qualified individuals. 60K base? I haven't seen that in 20 years and that was primary care. There are plenty of good paying jobs out there.

Omg the above message is the most pathetic wimpish message I have ever read on here. You sound so weak. Despite Covid, there are plenty of jobs out there for strong qualified individuals. 60K base? I haven't seen that in 20 years and that was primary care. There are plenty of good paying jobs out there.

No...No there’s not. There’s definitely not

What might the trickle down effects of a "no" be for the rest of the company? Layoffs? Buyout from another pharma?

Definitely Very sizable layoffs across the board. R&D will get hit harder than what most people would expect. They’re very bottom-heavy with many Phase 1 studies and very little to no active or soon to start up studies in Phase 2 or 3.

Buyout would normally seem logical but it’s very iffy. Any company interested will want to let another quarter or two pass to see how Spinrazza holds up against the Roche SMA drug hitting the market and as insurance companies pick up/agree to coverage. Tysabri had yet another price hike this past spring so it muddled the sales figures this past quarter. They should be slipping with competition, but price hikes are hiding the slippage.

In short, major layoffs all over soon after a No vote, potential buyout not happening until late Q3/Q4 2021, followed by more cuts. Anyone buying Biogen will only want to keep its research team (labs & scientists, not clinical trial operations) in Cambridge and use it as a beachhead or base of operations in Kendall Square

Definitely Very sizable layoffs across the board. R&D will get hit harder than what most people would expect. They’re very bottom-heavy with many Phase 1 studies and very little to no active or soon to start up studies in Phase 2 or 3.

Buyout would normally seem logical but it’s very iffy. Any company interested will want to let another quarter or two pass to see how Spinrazza holds up against the Roche SMA drug hitting the market and as insurance companies pick up/agree to coverage. Tysabri had yet another price hike this past spring so it muddled the sales figures this past quarter. They should be slipping with competition, but price hikes are hiding the slippage.

In short, major layoffs all over soon after a No vote, potential buyout not happening until late Q3/Q4 2021, followed by more cuts. Anyone buying Biogen will only want to keep its research team (labs & scientists, not clinical trial operations) in Cambridge and use it as a beachhead or base of operations in Kendall Square

Stop the speculation. Bottom line, Aducanumab is a coin toss. It could get approved, albeit for all the wrong reasons (because the data sucks), and then the company will do very well.

The internet is a buzz of crazy articles. Some say there will be an approval whereas many say absolutely not. I have yet to see any large investment analytics reports (which are generally very strong in terms of accuracy) say there will be an approval. The biggest issue is that this efficacy data just isn't strong and sketchy. You are going to approve a drug with questionable efficacy just because there is nothing right now? We shall see