• Mon news: Novartis Kisqali breast cancer trial. ESMO news: Bayer, Bristol Myers, Regeneron and more. Biosecure Act fallout. Boston Scientific/Silk Road merger. See more on our front page

Obesity Division - changes and more changes

anonymous

Now that the expansion has started, it will be interesting to see if this has a linear effect on sales. In my Region, we have been killing it with Saxenda(Wegovy too when it was out there), and now we're throwing more reps and more educators at it.

I've hear the target for next year will be HUMONGOUS. Get ready for insane WEGOVY goals.

We’ve made such crazy money over the last couple of years that it’s bound to come back around.

As for the expansion, I think it was necessary but they went too far.

But what do I know? I’m just a grunt.

Now that the expansion has started, it will be interesting to see if this has a linear effect on sales. In my Region, we have been killing it with Saxenda(Wegovy too when it was out there), and now we're throwing more reps and more educators at it.

I've hear the target for next year will be HUMONGOUS. Get ready for insane WEGOVY goals.

We have some quality educators, but the BIGGEST waste of money based on their rules of engagement. What expands MUST contract. Unless NNI gets better coverage for Wegovy? We shall see.

What kind of salaries can we expect on the west coast for a rep with 10 years of experience? I know Novo Saleries are very low compared to industry standards. I just want to know if I'm being lowballed if I get an offer.

What kind of salaries can we expect on the west coast for a rep with 10 years of experience? I know Novo Saleries are very low compared to industry standards. I just want to know if I'm being lowballed if I get an offer.
tumblr_inline_nbe3joe4JK1spqcq1.gif

There is no amount of money worth taking a trip on this train wreck. There are far more unhappy people here than most realize. Many of them just put on a happy face which is what’s require but if you have other options then fully explore them before making the decision to come here. You probably could make a nice bonus selling wegovy but it’s not well covered at all. It’s essentially being given away for free at a gigantic discount and that won’t last very much longer. Also, don’t believe the BS about being a specialty rep. You sell the same product as primary care reps which will be written and covered when your customers can’t get your product approved and paid for. Check out the pipeline was well. Not much doing. The product with the most potential is weekly deg and that is going to fall flat on it face. Regardless of what will come out, it will be overpriced and under covered. That’s the novo way.

There is no amount of money worth taking a trip on this train wreck. There are far more unhappy people here than most realize. Many of them just put on a happy face which is what’s require but if you have other options then fully explore them before making the decision to come here. You probably could make a nice bonus selling wegovy but it’s not well covered at all. It’s essentially being given away for free at a gigantic discount and that won’t last very much longer. Also, don’t believe the BS about being a specialty rep. You sell the same product as primary care reps which will be written and covered when your customers can’t get your product approved and paid for. Check out the pipeline was well. Not much doing. The product with the most potential is weekly deg and that is going to fall flat on it face. Regardless of what will come out, it will be overpriced and under covered. That’s the novo way.
Obesity Division will become extinct with the upcoming intro of Lilly's drug. Bye bye Wegovy.

Obesity Division will become extinct with the upcoming intro of Lilly's drug. Bye bye Wegovy.
Lol. Try the diabetes division. Mounjaro passed Ozempic in just a few weeks. We’ll be just fine over here. Plenty of patients to go round for both companies and we have the advantage of 8 years in a market they have never sold in. And in a couple of years, we’ll have a drug that’s more effective than tirz.

Lol. Try the diabetes division. Mounjaro passed Ozempic in just a few weeks. We’ll be just fine over here. Plenty of patients to go round for both companies and we have the advantage of 8 years in a market they have never sold in. And in a couple of years, we’ll have a drug that’s more effective than tirz.

Hahahaha! Look at the writers. Majority of those writing this are coming from weight loss doctors or telehealth visits specifically for weight loss. A few diabetes targets but good try though!

So the same as all your Ozempic business that you want to take credit for then.
Just responding to your incorrect statement on the Monjuaro launch compared to Ozempic. Yes it surpassed Ozempic only bc they are writing it off label. Hence their PI change. It’s all semaglutide…how long until we promote as one sales force?? When I sold Saxenda we were initially with the diabetes sales team.

I mean we all know why mounjaro is doing so well. Clinics are full of fat nurses, fat nurses have commercial insurance, give a sample write a script it's pay to play.

You can report it, or hope you don't get axed before Lilly turns off the samples. It's either or. Pick ya poison.

Is it in the pipeline? Also, if Novo is such a great company then why are they constantly launching products after Lilly? Novo is a poorly run company and that’s the bottom line.

Is it in the pipeline? Also, if Novo is such a great company then why are they constantly launching products after Lilly? Novo is a poorly run company and that’s the bottom line.
Novo is poorly run. No argument there. I’m comparing divisions within novo. Diabetes has around 2000 reps in a highly competitive market. We have 250, soon to be 325ish in a market where we’ve basically been the only company for 8 years. Wegovy costs 50% more than Ozempic and the obesity market is 5x larger. The second we get Medicare and Medicaid, the market is projected to balloon to 50 billion. In short, obesity is the future of this company, period.

And we launched 2 products in obesity and Lilly has zero, so not sure what you mean about novo always being second. Sure, this company completely fucked up Wegovy launch and Lilly will do a much better job, but I don’t see any layoffs in our future, whereas I see a significant shrinking of footprint in diabetes.

No argument that Lilly is the superior run company though.

Novo is poorly run. No argument there. I’m comparing divisions within novo. Diabetes has around 2000 reps in a highly competitive market. We have 250, soon to be 325ish in a market where we’ve basically been the only company for 8 years. Wegovy costs 50% more than Ozempic and the obesity market is 5x larger. The second we get Medicare and Medicaid, the market is projected to balloon to 50 billion. In short, obesity is the future of this company, period.

And we launched 2 products in obesity and Lilly has zero, so not sure what you mean about novo always being second. Sure, this company completely fucked up Wegovy launch and Lilly will do a much better job, but I don’t see any layoffs in our future, whereas I see a significant shrinking of footprint in diabetes.

No argument that Lilly is the superior run company though.

This is what happens when you read headlines and don't know the details. Medicare will never cover obesity drugs. Republicans will take back Congress in 2022 elections and none of them want budget expansions. They won't approve Obesity as a disease state. Obesity drugs are already elevating commercial payer budgets. We make nothing on medicaid plans and in some cases losing money.

Commercial plans depends on the employers. The employers are hit or miss.mostly miss cuz they don't want to cover expensive drugs with long term benefits. Employees only stay for abojt 3 years.
You're $50B estimate includes many many people with diabetes which insurance will happily tell you use Ozempic 2 and save the extra $400 per month.

Nothing to worry about for now. But Novo and lilly aren't the only companies making incretin drugs for weight loss.

This is what happens when you read headlines and don't know the details. Medicare will never cover obesity drugs. Republicans will take back Congress in 2022 elections and none of them want budget expansions. They won't approve Obesity as a disease state. Obesity drugs are already elevating commercial payer budgets. We make nothing on medicaid plans and in some cases losing money.

Commercial plans depends on the employers. The employers are hit or miss.mostly miss cuz they don't want to cover expensive drugs with long term benefits. Employees only stay for abojt 3 years.
You're $50B estimate includes many many people with diabetes which insurance will happily tell you use Ozempic 2 and save the extra $400 per month.

Nothing to worry about for now. But Novo and lilly aren't the only companies making incretin drugs for weight loss.

It’s not my estimate. It’s the estimate of Wall St analysts who do this stuff for a living.