NSM News Flash....1500 lbs of candy has been ordered just for the roche folks

We should just get rid of these expensive USA candys and there willn't be as many problems, we have had no problems when we served chocolates at our meeting in the past. No one needs to eat more than a few fine chocolates to satisfy themselves.

Why should this group be provided with 1500 lbs of fine swiss chocolates,(all you can eat), that are served at a open candy bar that stays open to 2 am every night?

Basel, please don't let the US group, Genentech, have another party at their National Sales Meeting in the US with acts like Bon Jovi(like last year) Elton John and Faith Hill, and provide 1500 pounds of candy at a party plus open bar until 2 am.every night. Every single night.........come on it just dosen't look right here in the US to the public trying to come up with $100,000 ?? per year, per patient for therapy for Avastin and having these types of parties. I feel really bad about this.....sure there was I time I was OK with this but in this environment , no more..............lets give people the therapy and forgo our $million dollar parties....lets make a public statement that curing the patient is the most important thing we are concerned with, and we are willing to sacrifice a concert like Bon Jovi last year to hopefully cure one or two more patients with cancer, Where did we lose our focus on the patient and focus it on profits and not the patient?.......Ian, are you listening!!!

Severin , do you think this is appropriate in this current economic enviroment? Maybe I should send this email to Ian and the press, ABC, NBC, FOXNews and every major media outlet in America..............I'm going to think about this for a few days and will send a bulk message to all media outlets in America in a few days if I don't hear back from you on how to proceed. I worked for this company for ove 20 years and love Roche, however it has all changed in the last 6 months. It appears that Basel wanted to rid themselves of all former
Roche employees, because that is what has happened under Ian. Too bad, the former Roche employess understand what it means to work under very restricteded budget and the Genentech group still thinks the sky is the limit when it comes to expenditures.....

Ask Ian how many former Roche employees were fired versus Genentech employees....What a shame? In the US they are eliminating all Roche employees as quick as the can. Check it out, how many Roche employees vs. Genetench employess let go, it would be an interesting ratio I think you will agree.........

Oh why what is this I hear of special homo meeting rooms at the NSM. we are not allowed these homo meeting rooms here. Severin is going to flip when this comes to his interest..

Oh why what is this I hear of special homo meeting rooms at the NSM. we are not allowed these homo meeting rooms here. Severin is going to flip when this comes to his interest..

You're gonna flip when you see your name and photo outside of the meeting room door, you homophobic, insecure "human being".

One of the lucky severed here (already re-employed at an employer who actually cares about me outside this dead as a doornail industry); The stats for roche vs genentech employees severed are as follows- Roche 60% G-tech 8%. Really looks fair doesn't it. To all my Roche colleagues; keeps your heads up, you don't realize how mean and dysfunctional gtech is until you get out. Good luck to all!

One of the lucky severed here (already re-employed at an employer who actually cares about me outside this dead as a doornail industry); The stats for roche vs genentech employees severed are as follows- Roche 60% G-tech 8%. Really looks fair doesn't it. To all my Roche colleagues; keeps your heads up, you don't realize how mean and dysfunctional gtech is until you get out. Good luck to all!

Operational excellence is a program brought to us by Roche. It appears that the powers that be either think that the Roche people are not very good, or that the Roche products are so weak that evne promotion will not help sales. Rither way, letting former Roche people go is the doing of Roche, not Genentech.

As many often say, You are Roche now!!

Yeah right. Your new employer just loves you! And how far up your ass did you reach to pull out your 60/8 figures? You don't know shit. shut up

Yeah right. Your new employer just loves you! And how far up your ass did you reach to pull out your 60/8 figures? You don't know shit. shut up
Little touchy aren't we???? We who were severed were actually sent the list of positions
/ ages of those severed or kept. Between bionic and primary care my figures are right on the money! And yes both the president and vp of my new company took me out to lunch to wish me well and yes I even got a five percent raise to come here. Good luck to you bitter one!!!

Little touchy aren't we???? We who were severed were actually sent the list of positions
/ ages of those severed or kept. Between bionic and primary care my figures are right on the money! And yes both the president and vp of my new company took me out to lunch to wish me well and yes I even got a five percent raise to come here. Good luck to you bitter one!!!

Right "bitter" as you who found the job of love and you need to come here and bash your past employer. You are a fucking moron

Operational excellence is a program brought to us by Roche. It appears that the powers that be either think that the Roche people are not very good, or that the Roche products are so weak that evne promotion will not help sales. Rither way, letting former Roche people go is the doing of Roche, not Genentech.

As many often say, You are Roche now!!
Alas what you fail to realize is Basel just gave roche US the dollar savings they wanted. The actual execution (who was laid off etc) was completed by the gang in SSF. Hence the disparity in who was chosen to go. You protect your own...it's just human nature! If Basel had had any idea how inefficiently the commercial side of g-tech was run, they might have thought twice!

Did it really take you that long to get the picture?

Alas what you fail to realize is Basel just gave roche US the dollar savings they wanted. The actual execution (who was laid off etc) was completed by the gang in SSF. Hence the disparity in who was chosen to go. You protect your own...it's just human nature! If Basel had had any idea how inefficiently the commercial side of g-tech was run, they might have thought twice!

This is the truth !!!!!!!!

sorry but anyone would have made the same decision. Boniva is close to the end of the line, very little new business to be had, and with taspo nowhere close, what were you going to do with all those people. So yes, it is disproportionate, but I doubt that they went after ex-Roche people deliberately, just that's where the chips fell.

Also, in talking to a few that got the package and reading some posts here, looks like people expected it and they are generally happy either retired or with prospects somewhere else.

Stop beating a dead horse

sorry but anyone would have made the same decision. Boniva is close to the end of the line, very little new business to be had, and with taspo nowhere close, what were you going to do with all those people. So yes, it is disproportionate, but I doubt that they went after ex-Roche people deliberately, just that's where the chips fell.

Also, in talking to a few that got the package and reading some posts here, looks like people expected it and they are generally happy either retired or with prospects somewhere else.

Stop beating a dead horse

taspo was not the only drug in the pipeline for metabolic...dalcetrapib is on phase 3.

taspo was not the only drug in the pipeline for metabolic...dalcetrapib is on phase 3.

Doesn't really matter, too little too late. Roche is in a tailspin but will survive the way they always do, "sever" away. Eventually one just get's worn down by waiting for the guillotine to fall.

Working for Roche is like playing Russian-Roulette. There's a bullet in the chamber for you, you just don't know when. Only thing for sure is that you will be eliminated by a downsizing, rightsizing, operational excellence, or whatever it is at some point sooner than you would like it to happen. That's just life at Roche. Genentech-ers will come to know this all too soon.