• Thurs news: Sage R&D layoffs. Another Sanofi radiopharma deal. Novartis loses bid to block generic. Kezar lupus trial stopped. Why are so many pharmacies closing. See more on our front page

Now who will be the honest face of a dirty company?

I think Dan is a great guy, Im sure there are other reasons why he left , Biotronik has really turned around and is a great company and I am sure Dan would even say that. Sometimes you just get tired of the stress and realize there are other things out there. None of the other companies are any better. I have worked for 3 of them and everyone does / says the same thing so why start talking trash when you know your company has their own issues they cover up . Lets get back to doing what is right for the patient and that is giving then a reliable , quality device that has the best features that fit them whatever company that is.

Im surprised they let him go instead of putting him to paid pasture like all the others, BM, TB, JC etc to keep their mouth shut.

Id give it until the end of the day today for him to be contacted by the feds.

He didnt have a chance. The question is, why bring someone in to try and change and evolve and then resist change and even digress ethically?

It had to be directly from JL. It was his hire as was all the other distributors.

Theyre toast.

Im surprised they let him go instead of putting him to paid pasture like all the others, BM, TB, JC etc to keep their mouth shut.

Id give it until the end of the day today for him to be contacted by the feds.

He didnt have a chance. The question is, why bring someone in to try and change and evolve and then resist change and even digress ethically?

It had to be directly from JL. It was his hire as was all the other distributors.

Theyre toast.

All of the companies say they want change but they really don't. They just want results and they'll cat anyone's throat who seems to be in the way. Everyone wants the quick fix.

all the top sales dudes were interviewed by D.O.J. representatives last December 2010;
..... closure coming on the Fed deal very soon

Being interviewed with your company's attorneys by your side and coached to the nines is one thing. Being alone and told you will be held personally responsible for allowing federal laws to be broken unless you be totally truthful about the goings on of an organization is quite another.

Bio have already been caught lying the the feds and are now scrambling to minimize the damage. Too bad its too late. The deeper they dig, the more they find.

Who will the new face of Bio be? Who knows. They certainly do not have any type of strategic career planning for anyone within the company. They really have no plan in place if anyone at any level leaves the company. They have rarely ever promoted anyone from in-house or in the field to any substantial position. Almost all managers, directors, etc. have been brought in. It is obvious that they prefer to buy their talent rather than develop it. It is even my understanding that they do not support education reimbursement for sales reps or clinical staff in the field. Aren't those the people that make Bio the $$$$? Wouldn't it be a benefit to allow your field staff to pursue advanced degrees in business, engineering or marketing?

Who will the new face of Bio be? Who knows. They certainly do not have any type of strategic career planning for anyone within the company. They really have no plan in place if anyone at any level leaves the company. They have rarely ever promoted anyone from in-house or in the field to any substantial position. Almost all managers, directors, etc. have been brought in. It is obvious that they prefer to buy their talent rather than develop it. It is even my understanding that they do not support education reimbursement for sales reps or clinical staff in the field. Aren't those the people that make Bio the $$$$? Wouldn't it be a benefit to allow your field staff to pursue advanced degrees in business, engineering or marketing?

Yea and maybe they should have lolly pops and ice cream for everyone also. That would be so much fun.

And that type of support and spend got Medtronic what...?

And that type of support and spend got Medtronic what...?

Bingo! You beat me to the punch. I can understand, having worked at the Big 3, why someone would find fault with a company for not providing the trappings. Bio is not for everybody, so you have to come here with eyes wide open. Before we start paying for Lucille in marketing to get a Masters, we probably need to knock out wandless cases.

Bingo! You beat me to the punch. I can understand, having worked at the Big 3, why someone would find fault with a company for not providing the trappings. Bio is not for everybody, so you have to come here with eyes wide open. Before we start paying for Lucille in marketing to get a Masters, we probably need to knock out wandless cases.

Point taken. So....... wandless?????

beside an obvious lack of true organic growth and promotion, it would be a huge positive step forward if there was some kind of real retirement program, like a 401k-matching contributions plan and possibly some form of stock-option program so that the quality employees would be somewhat incentivized to stay on board.