Novartis secret agenda for development: INDIA shit quality is coming

anonymous

Our great leaders want to try solution that already failed in other companies, they are soooo smart !

Positions currently opened in India:

10-20 financial analysts
20-40 clinical data managers
20-40 statistical programmers
10 biostatisticians

Clinical managers are probably the nexts...

I do not even understand how FDA and EMEA allow these incompetent folks abroad to be part of the pharma and biotech R&D: #ICH

Be prepared for your ridiculous severance,
Vasella come back !!!

<

What do you mean clinical managers are next? Its already happened. The entire Established Medicines clinical groups (ops and franchise) was moved there.

I work in dev. One out of every 5 or 6 individuals are worth a damn there. The rest you have to re-do their work time and time again. And management just keeps feeding the bullshit of it being a center of excellence. Such a god damn joke.

At a meeting one of our fearless top brass, touted the company's investment into better systrms. Said we needed to leverage big data analytics like IBMs Watson. But thats "too expensive, so maybe we can find something cheaper in India." Such a fucking cringe worthy comment to make to a room of people already politely telling him Hyderabad was a pile of incompotent shit.

I and another development colleague were severed a few years back. Replaced by FIVE ppl in HYD, who need their work checked.

Yea but according to management 2 in HQ is worth 10 in shit bucket Hyderabad.

Too BAD management is too blind to see the most important part of Hyderabad.

The last three letters...

1) They will not save money, it has been proven in many papers
2) the quality will fall apart
3) they will lose plenty of competent folks, but this they don't give a shit
4) we will mess up submissions because of hyderaBAD
5) all our analytic is there now, which is scary as they do not understand what we do, India can thanks our Indian leaders who were happy to find a job in US some times ago

Time to leave this sweatshop company and ask regulator to stop this globalization shit

Cheaper yes it may be, but it will be to the detriment of many people losing their jobs in other locations than India.

Why do this, leadership should leverage on the experience of other companies that have taken a similar route and where actions have been taken to re-introduce headcount in locations where they originally laid people off, must be for a reason.

Novartis should not to place all their eggs in one basket. This is a silly decision to make and it could have detrimental consequences.

That said, the fact our recently appointed DM leader has been noticeably absent at the function level says it all...he does not care in the slightest!

I may be proven wrong but by then I will have been kicked to the kerb, thanks!

That said, the fact our recently appointed DM leader has been noticeably absent at the function level says it all...he does not care in the slightest!

I may be proven wrong but by then I will have been kicked to the kerb, thanks!

Isn't the new global head of DM based in Dublin, with a big CRO background?
If so, then I guess he knows all too well the impact of moving too many roles to India.

He may well be from a CRO, but a Pharma is not a CRO, do not treat it as such!

Coming from a CRO organisation means bulls^%tting for the large part - I would not base prior experience from this leader to substantiate success for companies that have made this move...

I am not against operations increasing their presence in India. However I do have an issue when you get rid of it from everywhere else.

I agree, a pharma is not a CRO, but they want to learn it the hard way.

I think the new DM head guy is just a puppet, but I am not able to determine if all this india bullshit is coming from head of GDO, or directly from head of GDD ?

I chatted w/ a guy from Hyderabad recently, I think they know something is going on, he told me that it simply cannot work and that it will have huge consequences for the pipeline

*Grab popcorn and watch the catastroph happen*

I wish I could just grab popcorn, unfortunately I am directly impacted :(

I agree with you though, the term puppet is definitely an appropriate one. I agree that he has been brought in with the expectation to drive massive change, probably why he does not care about getting to know the team.

Will be moving on to get out of this catastrophe!

Layoffs in East Hanover and Basel coming soon for GDO lower levels. Crap management being kept. Vas and Badhri will manage the ship until it completely sinks with captain Joe

Not just when but GDD too? I know there are many open positions in India, but would they really be dumb enough to lay off DM/stats/clinical in the US?

Let me dispel all your doubts: yes they are dumb enough.
Also I am not convinced that Badhri and Vas are more competent than Joe, it is more and more obvious that they have no idea about how the business works, pretty much like JJ.

Hey guys, let's in-source all the work and fire people in the same time: GENUIS !