Novartis looking to buy ROCHE!

Maybe you should do YOUR homework. Roche technically owned 100% of Genentech stock a little more than a decade ago. Next, Roche sold 51% of the stock, but ALWAYS had the option to repurchase those shares. The bottomline, is that rRoche could literally do whatever they wanted to do with Genentech for about 25 years.

On the otherhand, Novartis own 32% of Roche voting stock (only 3% of all outstanding shares), while members of the Roche "founding family" own more than 50%. This family is contractually obligated to each other to not sell their shares. It is literally impossible for Novartis to purchase ROCHE, legally impossible. Roche's market cap is 197 billion dollars; Novartis would have to come up with 190 billion dollars, in order to but 100% of the outstanding shares; and that assumes no premium, and that the stock prices remains the same as is today (neither likely to happend).

If you were surprised that Roche bought Genentech, you should not have been. Roche literally financed Genentech, and could always consume them at will, legally. Which is exactly what they did. Remember, Genentech was forced to accept the purchase, they did not come willingly. Hey, maybe you just need to go to business school and you will understand.

Looks like we have an MBA know it all on the board posting! Do you have MBA on your business card? I always find that funny how people do that like its a big deal.

Looks like we have an MBA know it all on the board posting! Do you have MBA on your business card? I always find that funny how people do that like its a big deal.

Someone puts together an informative post and you slam them for being intelligent, and label them having an MBA? I bet you are a big fat stupid mother fucker, aren't you?

Stop hating. By the way, obtaining a masters is a big deal. Just look on the the job posting (non rep) and you will see the term "MBA Preferred"; even DM/Regional, etc. Just sayin,!

How does it matter to the regular employee who owns the voting rights of the company?

Only if they integrate Novartis and Roche US would you be impacted, and the road to something like that is unlikely, not least by competition laws etc. (plus how would Novartis capture more value out of Roche as a owner than the current owner to justify a premium to shareholders) The companies are already close with co-marketing agreements and so on.The real savings could be on SG&A synergies, but that is short term and mega integrations often create more mess then benefit. They are more likely to keep investing in pipeline / buying up small biotechs. But hey, he who lives will see.

How does it matter to the regular employee who owns the voting rights of the company?

Only if they integrate Novartis and Roche US would you be impacted, and the road to something like that is unlikely, not least by competition laws etc. (plus how would Novartis capture more value out of Roche as a owner than the current owner to justify a premium to shareholders) The companies are already close with co-marketing agreements and so on.The real savings could be on SG&A synergies, but that is short term and mega integrations often create more mess then benefit. They are more likely to keep investing in pipeline / buying up small biotechs. But hey, he who lives will see.

My God, shut up!