• Thurs news: Sage R&D layoffs. Another Sanofi radiopharma deal. Novartis loses bid to block generic. Kezar lupus trial stopped. Why are so many pharmacies closing. See more on our front page

Novartis IT Layoffs

7000 in NBS, 4000 of them in Basel. Seems this is to drop to 2000 as Andre thinks Basel too expensive. Not all IT. Lots of empty seats in hyderabad

Be assured that the near-term goal is to of-shore as much IT as possible to the Hyderabad centre; Hyd will be the major IT service hub & Prague will be second in terms of staffing: Hyd is being built out, so those seats will be filled in the coming months. Basel is definitely very pricey in terms of the long-tenured highly-compensated employees there - too many 'Heads' 'Global Heads' CIOs etc - each pulling in between $250K to $350K base at a minimum; some of these long-term Basel-ites will be allowed to live out their employment agreement as those agreements are tough to break under swiss law (for example, RP, the Global CIO for Novartis Animal Health is getting a huge payout even though NAH has been sold to Elanco).

There is also talk of huge early pension payouts to IT execs being kicked out of Basel ... good money if you can get it!

Trust me RJ will be received like visiting Royalty if he ever sets foot in Hyderabad - after all, he is sending beacoup jobs & tax $$$$ to Hyderabad - to those Hyd IT folks, RJ is a rich white god!

Man RJ got some deal: first he builds up IT and gets millions, Oracle awards, (bribes/gifts/kickbacks), the he tears IT down, and get payola from McKinsey - what a lucrative set-up. Hopefully karma will get him for all the IT careers he has ruined while enriching himself.

Man RJ got some deal: first he builds up IT and gets millions, Oracle awards, (bribes/gifts/kickbacks), the he tears IT down, and get payola from McKinsey - what a lucrative set-up. Hopefully karma will get him for all the IT careers he has ruined while enriching himself.

A cat drinks milk from a- dish, rock, post

Wishful thinking - Ms. RT is way too cunning a politician to let go her juicy steak of a compensation package - she went into depression when Sanofi canned her, and she thanked her lucky stars that she was able to land the Novartis gig - since CIO RJ wanted her as she posed no threat to his job. Bottom Line: Ms. RT ain't going nowhere

I do too think Mr RT is a politicker. She never comes to this side, only to stay in her 200 castle. Well, she had a pizza party!!!!

I am hating the company for which I have been working now these past 6 years. A shame must be caste on Mr RT as she was fired from Sanofi only to land a job here where she manages to suppress true technology.

I am full of sadness.

any one interested in forming a Novartian IT worker's union?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/07/us-volkswagen-costs-mckinsey-idUSKBN0G71M520140807
Volkswagen's 5 billion euro ($6.68 billion) cost-savings plan hit a major setback after labor leaders forced management to axe McKinsey, the consultants working out the cuts, three sources with knowledge of the matter told Reuters on Thursday.

The move underlines how much relations between management and workers have soured at Europe's biggest carmaker, which is struggling to raise profits amid stagnating emerging markets and low growth at home.

The cost-cutting target itself still stands, however, the sources said.