• Tue news: Merck's Keytruda stages comeback in head and neck cancer. GSK, Pfizer RSV vaccine sales fall. Astellas gene therapy bet. Extreme weather —>drug shortages. J&J discontinues bladder cancer drug. See more on our front page

NJ King rep says new Pfizer DM fired her for being pregnant

In my opinion, Pfizer has always been pretty good to the women who are Pregnant. Every now and then you have a rougue manager who has a conflict due to his strong beliefs that women should stay home to raise their kids. The beliefs are then acted out.

Problem in this case, it sounds like manager found something she did wrong. Putting a personal item on the expense report. Usually if one digs around enough they can find something.

That's all I have to say bout that.

Can't believe the manager is still in good standing.

Back in the day it took a mack truck and tons of indisputable evidence, topped with HR's approval, and THEN maybe the insubordinate would be pfired. Maybe. And if the insubordiate wasn't let go, you and your actions would be scrutinized for a long, long time.

Quite surprised they would pfire someone BEFore they go on maternity. Usually they wait until they get back and then first day back, the manager starts harrassing. That way they can't say they pfired a preganant lady.

Surprised HR let this one go through even with the expense of a traffic ticket.

In my opinion, Pfizer has always been pretty good to the women who are Pregnant. Every now and then you have a rougue manager who has a conflict due to his strong beliefs that women should stay home to raise their kids. The beliefs are then acted out.

Problem in this case, it sounds like manager found something she did wrong. Putting a personal item on the expense report. Usually if one digs around enough they can find something.

That's all I have to say bout that.

its the own it culture taking hold. you drill down, they use the stop light report & hence you have to own it.

I don't know about Pfizer being good to pregnant women...it seems like most of the ones I have ever known have been caught up in a layoff....some were bad anyway, but many were good reps. I have had two kids with big blue (been around for ten years), but never during a layoff time period.