News on Reorg

Any info on this morning's conference calls with the districts? And why did only some districts have them?

Because some managers are nice enough to talk to their people. There may not be any information to give, but in times of fear, its the least they can do. I am VERY disappointed that my manager has stayed silent and has not reached out to the team. I find it cowardice and a bit cruel. I had a lot of respect for him until now. I think he checks in here like most of them. I hope he reads this and sees that we are all nervous and need some communication. The Regional guys arent going to but the district managers SHOULD. Its called RESPECT. Have some.

Because some managers are nice enough to talk to their people. There may not be any information to give, but in times of fear, its the least they can do. I am VERY disappointed that my manager has stayed silent and has not reached out to the team. I find it cowardice and a bit cruel. I had a lot of respect for him until now. I think he checks in here like most of them. I hope he reads this and sees that we are all nervous and need some communication. The Regional guys arent going to but the district managers SHOULD. Its called RESPECT. Have some.

Unfortunately the only thing they could say would be they just don't know anything for certain. Which is probably true. Then they would tell you to just go to work every day, because you DO have a job TODAY. Honestly, what could they say that would alleviate your anxiety since they don't know?? So what COULD they communicate? This industry is no place for those of us wanting to make a 'career' with a company. That mindset has literally vanished along with a lot of companies...

Unfortunately the only thing they could say would be they just don't know anything for certain. Which is probably true. Then they would tell you to just go to work every day, because you DO have a job TODAY. Honestly, what could they say that would alleviate your anxiety since they don't know?? So what COULD they communicate? This industry is no place for those of us wanting to make a 'career' with a company. That mindset has literally vanished along with a lot of companies...

I agree they can not say anything, BUT it would be nice to hear from him. We have had no communication from our manager about anything. Even if he reached out to the district or to each of us individually to say " i know there are rumors, i know there's fear, i'm here and i care." Guess where his bonus money comes from. Its part of being a good boss. Care about the people who work with you. We are people. We have feelings.

Cowardice is a good word. Scared to talk to your reps. Pathetic. Any manager who has not checked in with their reps is nothing but a selfish coward.

I've been crying as my wife is about to lose her job too

I was feeling sorry for myself until I read yours. I will say some prayers for you. That is the only thing that will give comfort. We all have problems, we all have difficult things in our lives, but we can always look at other's problems and maybe feel luckier than they have it. I don't have cancer, I don't live in Greece, I WILL get another job. You will too. Hang in there.

Hopefully the loser management will be let go

The "loser management" will never be let go. They are the ones who called for this to happen. VP's, RD's, DM's....don't call the shots. Mike Pearson calls the shots. The investors who demand ever increasing profits call the shots. More and more and more, with less and less and less...today's corporate culture.

Well they can definitely run with fewer managers because most of them contribute absolutely nothing.

Totally agree. Really can't think of anything of value that my manager brings to the table on ride-alongs. Just another layer of management that is redundant.

Hire an admin to do expense reports and replace 1/2 of all of the managers. Done. Just saved Pearson lots of $.

Totally agree. Really can't think of anything of value that my manager brings to the table on ride-alongs. Just another layer of management that is redundant.

Hire an admin to do expense reports and replace 1/2 of all of the managers. Done. Just saved Pearson lots of $.

Makes a lot of sense in specialty pharma. We are all experienced. It's about running our territories and making money while providing education and resources to our customers.
No managers needed.

Precisely-The last time a manager contributed to my success in specialty pharma was about 2003..........when I was still green.........and now, I just make green.

For everyone, and no manager needed!!!!! I could definitely use a secretary/personal asst. That's called college student wanna be a rep internship.....minimum wage a eat free during luncheon learns.