• Fri news: New Novo obesity prospect linked to psychiatric side effects. Summit beats Keytruda in NSCLC. DermaSensor skin cancer detection device. Astellas digital health product. Sanofi MS data. See more on our front page

new CEO

But while shareholders may have appreciated the transparency, at least some of them were none too happy with what they found out. CEO Jeremy Levin took heat during layoff protests for collecting about $4.1 million in 2012 from a company looking to cut 8,500 jobs, some of them in Teva's native Israel.

He will also redirect more resources toward internal R&D. Novel medicines are the only way to generate big bucks anymore. Too many generics out there right now and not worth competing in that space anymore. The future of Teva is to compete against the big boys whose own internal R&D has faltered due to the massive size of those organizations. The advantage Teva has is that it's internal R&D is nimble enough to maneuver that space. I have high hopes that this is the way forward for us.

He will also redirect more resources toward internal R&D. Novel medicines are the only way to generate big bucks anymore. Too many generics out there right now and not worth competing in that space anymore. The future of Teva is to compete against the big boys whose own internal R&D has faltered due to the massive size of those organizations. The advantage Teva has is that it's internal R&D is nimble enough to maneuver that space. I have high hopes that this is the way forward for us.

I know, because we need a new drug we will just find one right here in our own facilities! That is genius! Did it occur to you that the easy compounds have been found and developed? The days are over when products are found in mold. Being nimble is not going to alleviate the complexities in product development. How long do you think it will take for something to come out of our nimble R & D department? Before or after the lay offs? Dream on!

No one said there won't be layoffs. There will be and it's gonna hurt. At this point we are talking about the future (if any) of Teva. The days of Teva being solely a generic drug company are over. We have to get in the game if drug discovery. The big boys are failing, Teva has an opportunity here.
The argument that the easy targets/diseases have been found already is not correct and out of context. Those diseases may seem easy now but they weren't easy for those working in them. Of course they seem easy now, the hard work has been done already.

No way! The article I read said they bought it for the patch delivery system more than the drug itself. Everyone should update resumes. I give TN 6-9 months after 40mg launch b4 they start "reshaping" the sles force.

No way! The article I read said they bought it for the patch delivery system more than the drug itself. Everyone should update resumes. I give TN 6-9 months after 40mg launch b4 they start "reshaping" the sles force.

Have you ever sold a patch before? The only patients who utilize patches are nursing home patients because they do not have the dexterity to remove it. I think the demise of TN will be more in the lines of 4-6 months. Update resume and get it out there.

The company (Teva) has said it's bracing for a $550 million hit from Copaxone generics this year, provided generic copies hit immediately. U.S.-based generics maker Mylan ($MYL) has said its Copaxone knockoff will be ready to roll on May 18 when the drug's patent expires.

Hey doc how about that patch?

The stakes for Teva are high: the U.S. Circuit Court's ruling shortened Copaxone's exclusive access to the market by 18 months. The blockbuster multiple sclerosis treatment accounts for about half of Teva's earnings, and the company already was scrambling to develop a successor drug and cut costs in anticipation of generic competition.

The irony...
A generic drug company that got rich off of other peoples innovations getting hurt by a generic drug.

We better get into the game of drug discovery because the generic space is too crowded and there really aren't enough novel drugs coming out of the pharma world to sustain all of us generic companies.