My version of 15 by 15

When will America wake to the fact that its government can pass all sorts of regulations that seem to make age discrimination and pushing people out the door - for no reason - illegal but those laws all come to nothing because America investigates and prosecutes nothing. Merck views you as a commodity to be adjusted and upsized and downsized at their whim. It does not make any difference to them (or your precious government) whether you have invested your personal effort into getting skilled or your personal cash into getting a university degree. Merck treats their capital assets with more tenderness simply because the law requires them to reflect a loss of value - a virtual penalty - when they write those assets off. But Wall Street actually celebrates when companies downsize their labor force simply because that asset reduction doesn't reflect a failed investment on the company's books - it only hits the fired employees' books. Until working professionals realize that protection from unfair and illegal labor practices does not come simply because they hold university degrees or are citizens of the US they will continue to be played for fools by their employers. What exactly do you think exempt employee means? It means that you are exempt from protection under most labor laws. These days it also seems to mean that you are exempt from common sense or thinking about doing anything other than writing futile notes on CafePharma.

Most people posting here are not slackers by nature. They are being turned into slackers simply because they are tired of the one-sided nature of their relationship with Merck. They would prefer to work their 45-50 hours/week and to live their lives fairly certain that they will not be treated unfairly or dumped unceremoniously. The US is headed to another generation of organizing labor. In this version, non-managerial professionals will be on the organized side of the equation. All the precedents for organizing labor that existed in the first half of the last century are in place, all that is missing is the for working professionals to drop their hubris causes them to consider themselves too good to organize. All the while they stay in this present labor dynamic they are on the losing end of both government protection and industry leverage. Perfect suckers if you will. Don't think for a minute that the capitalists that formed successful multinationals in their hometown and had loyalty to the same are running any of the major multinationals anymore. Those capitalists are dead and buried and their children have sold out. MNCs have been bought out by slick financial wizards that replace the loyalty equation that many of you bought into with other equations written with sharp pencils. Work gets moved overseas and flavor-of-the-month business plans cause massive job disruptions. The former are encouraged by generous tax breaks bought and paid for through contributions to political parties and the latter encouraged by trivial penalties for dropping employees.

It may take decades but the idea that a working professional (for example your children) will invest hundreds of thousands of dollars of their own money to be qualified for a job with a multinational that could and would boot them out on a whim will appear to be a pretty silly concept in hindsight. Government in the future must either tax corporations to subsidize that education or demand long-term contracts to offset that investment. Presently there is no reason for government to get involved because unemployed folks don't make contributions to political parties. And the current ever-increasing revenues of Merck in the face of their actually dismal performance is largely due to exactly this practice. Why would Merck change? Professional employees must turn off Fox News, smell the coffee, and get themselves organized around jobs and job security. Stop thinking that the current power players are ever going to change anything. What if all non-managerial professionals walked out for a day? What would the stock price do? Would your boss actually know how to get your job done? Could they spare the time to take their head out their own boss's butt to get it done?

All I know is that you have plenty of time on your hands, no friends, no family, no life !
You pour your heart and soul out on cp looking for sympathy on several boards I would suggest
you seek professional help We laugh at you on here !

All I know is that you have plenty of time on your hands, no friends, no family, no life !
You pour your heart and soul out on cp looking for sympathy on several boards I would suggest
you seek professional help We laugh at you on here !

The irony escapes you. Here is someone that poured themselves into their professional life only to end up a "15 " at a washed up downtrodden, also ran Pharma company like Merck. It's laughable except for the fact that it's at the same time tragic.

The irony escapes you. Here is someone that poured themselves into their professional life only to end up a "15 " at a washed up downtrodden, also ran Pharma company like Merck. It's laughable except for the fact that it's at the same time tragic.

Every member of The Triad, you observe the lothesom debris that threatens your livelihood and family. Seek them all out, report them and see them to the breadline. You owe them zero watch your own back.

Every member of The Triad, you observe the lothesom debris that threatens your livelihood and family. Seek them all out, report them and see them to the breadline. You owe them zero watch your own back.

You are a broken record of insanity and dysfunction. Give it up loser. You are not leading anything but the voices in your head.

Will have a drink and then play another round of golf. Check ipad for messages, etc. and get the repetitive busywork out of the way. May go in for a few tomorrow; Friday is my "do whatever I want day." So that's it; another week, $, life is good.

I turner a lothsome miserable overlay last week. Management reacted swiftly and she was terminated. One more out of California!

I think after the last few weeks that I may have to change my 15x15 campaign to the 2x4 campaign. I havent really worked a Friday for a long, long time and I haven't worked 15 hours a week for a while either. It's actually more like 2 hours a day, four days a week - hence the 2x4.

Either way the charade will continue for as long as it can. After all Merck is paying me over $10K/month plus bonus, several hundred in "expenses" per month plus the car. This is by FAR the easiest money making gig I've ever seen. I love sticking it to "Mother"

Regards,

The 2x4 Guy
AKA the 15x15 Guy

I think after the last few weeks that I may have to change my 15x15 campaign to the 2x4 campaign. I havent really worked a Friday for a long, long time and I haven't worked 15 hours a week for a while either. It's actually more like 2 hours a day, four days a week - hence the 2x4.

Either way the charade will continue for as long as it can. After all Merck is paying me over $10K/month plus bonus, several hundred in "expenses" per month plus the car. This is by FAR the easiest money making gig I've ever seen. I love sticking it to "Mother"

Regards,

The 2x4 Guy
AKA the 15x15 Guy

That's awesome! Keep living the dream!

Regards,

The 2x4 Guy
AKA the 15x15 Guy

You are an inspiration to any of us that still have a brain. Your brain generally starts to erode after a few years of this sh!t. Only a little honest introspection prevents that from happening.

FU MERCK

While Merck's R&D may have run dry, they have perfected the art of ruining people's lives...
No one does it better than Mother Merck.

You have not seen or experienced what is still to occur.
July finishes the total conversion to CSAs, all of you will be gone and no prior Merck rep will be considered for the new group.

Word is the 15 got deep sixed. A reward very well deserved.

Nope, still here doing my thing. It's a beautiful morning, chilly but sunny out, we have a tee time in 90 minutes. Gonna play at least 18 and watch the Masters with my crew. Have a great weekend everyone, you all know mine already started, Fore.....

Regards,

The 2x4 Guy
AKA the 15x15 Guy