• Tue news: 23andMe CEO no longer open to takeover. mRNA vaccines may boost cancer immunotherapy. BMS beats $6.4B lawsuit. CVS Health layoffs and potential breakup. JNJ abandoning proposed 340b plan. See more on our front page

Must hit 95% + on Singulair to receive ANY of my 1S bonus?

Go listen to the video on your desktop from MJ. He just breezed through it. This was confirmed by my manager as well.
If you are 94% to plan on Singulair, YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A PENNY OF YOUR ENTIRE 1S BONUS.

Don't like to give up but the fight is already over given an objective increase. Time to party on Merck's time. Tit for tat.

It's funny how Marvin just slide the no bonus comment on Singulair in a fashion Marie Antoinette would be proud of.....Let Them Eat Cake....These type of comments start revolutions.

Non-sales HQ ex-Merckie here. 'START revolutions?!' The more I read CP the more I believe that those left in the sales organization are a bunch of pansies and it's no wonder the revenue is in the crapper.

GO GET A NEW JOB and stop whining here. Oh, they expect you to sell an old drug, at an inflated price with no support at a rate not seen in how long?! WHY are you surprised? This company doesn't care about even one of you - all they care about is finding people desperate enough to do their bidding and as long as you're here, TAG, you're it!

Those on the 15x15 plan, creative but still under the thumb of the Mother. While you think you're basically stealing your paycheck what's really happening is you're hanging onto a plank of wood in an ice cold ocean. It looks good on your resume that you went down with the ship - right.

Do yourselves favors - and improve your image here on CP - get on with your lives. The job market is on the verge of cracking wide open and people (who are looking) are finding jobs faster and faster. Don't sling deli trays to the point where you're at the bitter end of the line.

Easy to reach, no samples mean more prescriptions. Docs know the product will be generic soon so why not write it for long term use. Same thing happened with other soon to be off patent products. History usually repeats itself. Hell look what Pfizer has done with lipitor. What do you care 30% of the sales team will be gone by second half of the year and that will likely include the both of us.

Easy to reach, no samples mean more prescriptions. Docs know the product will be generic soon so why not write it for long term use. Same thing happened with other soon to be off patent products. History usually repeats itself. Hell look what Pfizer has done with lipitor. What do you care 30% of the sales team will be gone by second half of the year and that will likely include the both of us.

Easy to reach if the objective is set correctly, and hell will freeze over before that happens. Keep in mind these brainiacs want 3.5 BILLION in sales by 6/30. That is approximately a 40% increase over last year's sales. And agree that 1/2 of us will be gone sooner rather than later. Sad to see the turn this company has taken. Merck was the only company I wanted to work for when I interviewed years ago. Thanks to the leaders who turned this company into crap.

Easy to reach if the objective is set correctly, and hell will freeze over before that happens. Keep in mind these brainiacs want 3.5 BILLION in sales by 6/30. That is approximately a 40% increase over last year's sales. And agree that 1/2 of us will be gone sooner rather than later. Sad to see the turn this company has taken. Merck was the only company I wanted to work for when I interviewed years ago. Thanks to the leaders who turned this company into crap.

Merck was also formerly respected by HCPs but that was a long, long time ago.

Looks like Novartis is doing something similary with their reps before their layoff...dangle a carrot, meet your numbers get a sizeable bonus. You don't meet your numbers, you don't get a dime.

Merck blew it with this no bonus plan. The number one product for every port 1 rep will now be Singulair. Every other product Dulera, Nasonex and Januvia will now lose focus and attention. Hope they reverse this mistaken edict soon so we can sell what the company needs to sell.

1 Semester - Singulair is 100% of the bonus, You don't sell Singulair you get 0 bonus!

Merck blew it with this no bonus plan. The number one product for every port 1 rep will now be Singulair. Every other product Dulera, Nasonex and Januvia will now lose focus and attention. Hope they reverse this mistaken edict soon so we can sell what the company needs to sell.

1 Semester - Singulair is 100% of the bonus, You don't sell Singulair you get 0 bonus!

I'll just give up now, accept no bonus, schedule tons of lunches and enjoy whatever I can get out of Merck while I still can. F Merck!

If you really think how realistic it is to reach 3.1 billion by end of June then no one is going to work that hard for an unattainable goal. The Fall to Winter Asthma season is & always has been the biggest selling season for Singulair and with not even in the picture there is no way to reach goal. Also, as the last poster said "all other products will suffer." They want to pull port 1 off territory for Janumet XR meetings and launch tactics (NO CHANCE)..

I'll just give up now, accept no bonus, schedule tons of lunches and enjoy whatever I can get out of Merck while I still can. F Merck!

Exactly why everyone needs to employ my 15X15 strategy. Instead of Mark Timney's vision of $15 billion in sales by 2015, the reality will be losing 15,000 reps by 2015 (if not sooner). So give them my version instead, 15 hours of work per week until 2015. Embrace & enjoy!

FU Merck!

Looks like Novartis is doing something similary with their reps before their layoff...dangle a carrot, meet your numbers get a sizeable bonus. You don't meet your numbers, you don't get a dime.

What sizable bonus? Most of us are S1 reps, which means we are making less than we were a couple of years ago. All I am talking about is SIngulair, Singulair, Singulair, and in that order. I wonder if our execs at HQ have their bonus structured this way as well? My guess is no, too cowardly.

What sizable bonus? Most of us are S1 reps, which means we are making less than we were a couple of years ago. All I am talking about is SIngulair, Singulair, Singulair, and in that order. I wonder if our execs at HQ have their bonus structured this way as well? My guess is no, too cowardly.

The market is saturated and this is sad overkill- look at the objective, and they wonder why many have already given up? Merck is the Titanic but with that Italian cruise ship captain at the helm.