Most of us have been burned one way or another in this industry - but this company takes the cake

anonymous

I have since retired from the industry but I recently saw something on LinkedIn about Genetech and it brought up a bad memory and experience for me. I was in the neurology division launching Ocrevus. I will never forget at that first launch meeting how shocked we all were at the sheer amount of reps they hired. Later still finding out our exact territories and what a small footprint they each were. I am 100% convinced the top executives met and pre-decided to over-hire with the intention of cutting later to have a record breaking launch and then do a drastic cut at 2 years. The point being we have all heard the BS words like "we are all family" "we do this all for the patient" "we care about you" when in the end, absolutely none of that is true. It is all about the money and we are all just a disposable number that they try to brainwash at meetings to do their bidding. I think Genetech is run by a bunch of Aholes that care nothing about themselves. I left the industry about 5 years ago, It was tough at first leaving the money, but in the end I found something a lot more fulfilling and something I enjoyed. It was about a 11 month struggle, but I finally got to the point where I was making almost the same amount of money but more importantly I was a lot happier and could spend a lot more time with my kids. I have now been officially retired for 2 years and sadly don't have many fond memories about the industry except for some nice coworkers that have become lifelong friends and providers I have called on over the years.

<

Thank you for haring your story. I was burned too when they decided to go through "transformation." Believe me, everyone knew they had planned to do this at 2 years from the launch. They didn't care that they hired people who thought this was a company they could retire with. They wanted to over hire to have the greatest launch and then cut them when they achieved what they wanted. I have no respect for Genentech.

Many years later? Yet here you are. Rent free. Move on. We don’t think about you. So don’t think about us!

Okay Needle Dick....Yeah, the OP posted because they thought of narcissist old you. People like "YOU" are why I even hate working here. Do us all a favor and climb back in the hole you came from.

It was a terrible time. Everyone knew they had planned to cut right from the beginning. I managed to get lucky and stay but thankfully switched to a different area of medicine months later. Its better now, but not great. I only hope people that make decisions like this that adversely affect so many people's lives get theirs in the end.

I have since retired from the industry but I recently saw something on LinkedIn about Genetech and it brought up a bad memory and experience for me. I was in the neurology division launching Ocrevus. I will never forget at that first launch meeting how shocked we all were at the sheer amount of reps they hired. Later still finding out our exact territories and what a small footprint they each were. I am 100% convinced the top executives met and pre-decided to over-hire with the intention of cutting later to have a record breaking launch and then do a drastic cut at 2 years. The point being we have all heard the BS words like "we are all family" "we do this all for the patient" "we care about you" when in the end, absolutely none of that is true. It is all about the money and we are all just a disposable number that they try to brainwash at meetings to do their bidding. I think Genetech is run by a bunch of Aholes that care nothing about themselves. I left the industry about 5 years ago, It was tough at first leaving the money, but in the end I found something a lot more fulfilling and something I enjoyed. It was about a 11 month struggle, but I finally got to the point where I was making almost the same amount of money but more importantly I was a lot happier and could spend a lot more time with my kids. I have now been officially retired for 2 years and sadly don't have many fond memories about the industry except for some nice coworkers that have become lifelong friends and providers I have called on over the years.

80xooa.jpg

skin-crying-single-tear-tear.gif