Monday conf call for INBU

Oh right....genius. They warn you AFTER they fire you. You must be a VP in Sales.

Hey brain surgeon, WARN act stands for Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act. Yes it does kick in after the termination. It only kicks in if 1) a certain number of employees in a company of a certain size are laid off, and 2) the company did not give the terminated employees 60 days notice of that employee's layoff. Employees are not entitled to anything under the WARN act until all provisions are met - including the layoff. There are ways around WARN - like offering relocation to an employee.

Hey brain surgeon, WARN act stands for Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act. Yes it does kick in after the termination. It only kicks in if 1) a certain number of employees in a company of a certain size are laid off, and 2) the company did not give the terminated employees 60 days notice of that employee's layoff. Employees are not entitled to anything under the WARN act until all provisions are met - including the layoff. There are ways around WARN - like offering relocation to an employee.

oooh sombody found the google button

Here is what happens..........notice date, 60 day WARN notice kicks in, get two months of regular paychecks and then your lump sum severance comes at the end of the WARN period.

I am just working on pre call planning and high impact questions. Oh gosh, you mean Obamacare is going to impact our industry. Well i just watch CNN and Dancing With the Stars.

Here is what happens..........notice date, 60 day WARN notice kicks in, get two months of regular paychecks and then your lump sum severance comes at the end of the WARN period.

This is correct. Pay until april then your severence.

Also, what ever Admin of AW please stop posting "it was her job, and she's a really good person" I have seen the exact post several other strings. Let us vent with out your lame boiler plate responses.

Can we please have an American Run this company. What the What. How many non Germany top level executives are at Germany Companies like BMW etc... Only in America would we let non American's run all over us. It is pathetic.

This is correct. Pay until april then your severence.

Also, what ever Admin of AW please stop posting "it was her job, and she's a really good person" I have seen the exact post several other strings. Let us vent with out your lame boiler plate responses.

Can we please have an American Run this company. What the What. How many non Germany top level executives are at Germany Companies like BMW etc... Only in America would we let non American's run all over us. It is pathetic.

A couple of things. You should read a little history on how this country was founded and the number of different cultures that have made it to this Great Nation of ours. The German ruining Amgen right now is merely doing what the BOD has directed him to do. It's just like the President, he doesn't really do anything or come up with ideas on his own; he has advisers for that stuff.

A couple of things. You should read a little history on how this country was founded and the number of different cultures that have made it to this Great Nation of ours. The German ruining Amgen right now is merely doing what the BOD has directed him to do. It's just like the President, he doesn't really do anything or come up with ideas on his own; he has advisers for that stuff.

Hey I forgot more history than you ever knew. I am a son of Immigrants, but we are Americans. Answer the question, how many executives from BMW or any number of Japanese firms allow non nationals to run things. Very low. I m not talking people of different cultures, as much as non-nationals.

As for the This President, yeah he doesn't do anything, you are correct, oh except play more golf than Clinton and both Bushes.