Minimal Changes

anonymous

Heartless company got rid of reps posted new jobs in call centers. And we all know the bosses had to do with the ratings. They hit those they disliked. Heartless. And 3.3 minimal changes. A lie.

<

Heartless company got rid of reps posted new jobs in call centers. And we all know the bosses had to do with the ratings. They hit those they disliked. Heartless. And 3.3 minimal changes. A lie.
This tells you the value of a pharma sales rep these days, replaced by someone at a call center. Repeat after me for practice, “would you like fries with your burger sir”? The gig is up, was a good one while it lasted.

I think the layoffs were actually more or less random, which in my mind is sort of worse: shows a complete lack of direction, vision, or basic planning. John Schutta was the lying, incompetent puppet responsible for all this. His name is now synonymous with "bungling hatchet man." May he never again be entrusted with any sort of position of authority, ...but of course we know that will never happen. $$$

I have a serious question: is this your first job out of college? If you've been in the industry since 2008 or so, you've seen this movie several times. Call center reps make a fraction of what, say, a rep with 15 years of experience makes. They pared down our overhead tremendously with 3.3. That is the way its done (here it was called ATS and FFO). I believe that there will be other cuts if they find that sales dont decrease too much.