• Thurs news: Sage R&D layoffs. Another Sanofi radiopharma deal. Novartis loses bid to block generic. Kezar lupus trial stopped. Why are so many pharmacies closing. See more on our front page

Meyerling is on his way out if not already gone!

Just heard this guy is being given the boot.

that would make sense because he knows what he is talking about, well liked by the sales force, knows how to motivate people and is generally a really good person. forgot to mention he has given his heart and soul to Bausch but that means nothing anymore. I hope this isn't true.

This guy was a bufoon. No medical degree running med affairs? Is this some sick joke in 2010? This guy was a throwback to just showing up for work in old pharma. Times have changed it's either put up or get out. Don't be fooled, this guy was just a corporate smiley face without any substance; especially in a med affairs role where he had no business. All other major pharma tossed out non-MD/PhD/PharmD's years ago from these roles. Lawmakers have practically mandated this.

This guy was a bufoon. No medical degree running med affairs? Is this some sick joke in 2010? This guy was a throwback to just showing up for work in old pharma. Times have changed it's either put up or get out. Don't be fooled, this guy was just a corporate smiley face without any substance; especially in a med affairs role where he had no business. All other major pharma tossed out non-MD/PhD/PharmD's years ago from these roles. Lawmakers have practically mandated this.

This post must have been written by a MD/PhD or PharmD.

Anyone who ever worked for him or spent time with him knows he is the only person worth working for at B&L. If he was VP of sales it would have been auchincloss different environment. You would not have lost all of your top talent Rbds and reps. If B&l mistreats that guy he could bury them on off label sales. I doubt they will touch him. He's a dangerous dude to mess with. He has knowledge of everything they ever did in pharma. I would love to see him blow the whistle on B&L.

Anyone who ever worked for him or spent time with him knows he is the only person worth working for at B&L. If he was VP of sales it would have been auchincloss different environment. You would not have lost all of your top talent Rbds and reps. If B&l mistreats that guy he could bury them on off label sales. I doubt they will touch him. He's a dangerous dude to mess with. He has knowledge of everything they ever did in pharma. I would love to see him blow the whistle on B&L.

Whoever wrote this dribble is mentally challenged and should be working in fast food.

He is the best guy out there compared to PS, PG, PS. He truly should blow the whistle on B&L with knowledge base he has he absolutely can take B&L down. With PS being the VP of Sales the only one decision he made right so far is giving DG an ASD position. He truly was contemplating giving TP an ASD position which I think would be another bad decision he would have made. The guy use to be a rep 4 years ago when McCoy promoted him to an RBD and after McCoy left he used to make light of him, TP a true back stabber. Ask him a question and you always get an essay back.

I worked in the Tampa plant for many years. I Left when the company was sold to WP. I Knew Rob Meyering - very nice person.
Can't find out any information about B&L. What's going on with the company? Part of my pension saving is still with B&L - Sounds scarry.

I worked in the Tampa plant for many years. I Left when the company was sold to WP. I Knew Rob Meyering - very nice person.
Can't find out any information about B&L. What's going on with the company? Part of my pension saving is still with B&L - Sounds scarry.

This thing is probably going to go into bankruptcy restructuring at some point so they can really smarten up the books. This would mean, like at companies like Polaroid, US Steel, United Airlines, etc.; they will not fund any and all applicable pension funds (has happened repeatedly in big companies in last 20 years). If I were you I would roll anything you have in here out ASAP.

It is ridiculous to talk about bankruptcy with this company. This company is double staffed. The company could easily be run with half the number of employees and half the management. A lean company should be able to pay the bills.

WP might not be able to make the big sell to unload the company but at least they could have a lean mean fighting machine that could generate some income for them to pay off the loan.

but at least they could have a lean mean fighting machine that could generate some income for them to pay off the loan.

If the entire pharma division only made around $120 million gross revenue last year I highly doubt that would be enough to pay off any type of loan! The net revenue cannot be that high after you take out expenses and the EBIDTA (bottom line number) has got to be fairly low considering all products and head count.

It is ridiculous to talk about bankruptcy with this company. This company is double staffed. The company could easily be run with half the number of employees and half the management. A lean company should be able to pay the bills.

WP might not be able to make the big sell to unload the company but at least they could have a lean mean fighting machine that could generate some income for them to pay off the loan.

BK actually makes sense if no buyer shows. You're able to restructure. Restructuring includes whittling down staff but the big $ advantage ends up being able to blow off alot of liability (all the accounts payable, pensions, ownership percentage gets crunched, etc.). You have to figure that an eventual buyer's accounting firm will fine line the books and with alot of L gone the P then would make us much more attractive. Just getting rid of some headcount wouldn't touch this fiscally.

Seems like any ten year old could manage a company into bankruptcy. Why keep all of the high price upper management if there is no pay off.

Because they have nowhere else to go right now and they get paid alot more than you do. Would you shut off your paycheck if you had nowhere else to go?

Look at the "Graveyard is getting crowded" link; need anymore be said?

If the entire pharma division only made around $120 million gross revenue last year I highly doubt that would be enough to pay off any type of loan! The net revenue cannot be that high after you take out expenses and the EBIDTA (bottom line number) has got to be fairly low considering all products and head count.

pharma RX doesn't generate any real cash for this company. Contact lens and Lens solution brings in the lions share, along with OTC and generics, they make up a lot of the cash since there is huge margin and little to no rebates on generics. after all the rebates on the RX side it is almost a loss leader.

pharma RX doesn't generate any real cash for this company. Contact lens and Lens solution brings in the lions share, along with OTC and generics, they make up a lot of the cash since there is huge margin and little to no rebates on generics. after all the rebates on the RX side it is almost a loss leader.

So what you're saying is that Pharma is not here to make any money but merely to entertain us and customers?

Pharma is here for career building of people who ultimately want jobs in the pharma business.

Must be KK again. So what you're saying is that the pharma at B&L is not true pharma but merely some training ground-type platform for training people to "ultimately want jobs in the (real) pharma business." What if these people get hurt while training at B&L's pseudo-pharma? Will their training allow them a career in entertainment?