• Tue news: 23andMe CEO no longer open to takeover. mRNA vaccines may boost cancer immunotherapy. BMS beats $6.4B lawsuit. CVS Health layoffs and potential breakup. JNJ abandoning proposed 340b plan. See more on our front page

Merck to still buy Cubist, even after patent setback

Merck sold Dr. Scholls and Coppertone for 15 billion and Cubist for 9.5 Billion with a strong lineup currently, good pipeline and limited global exposure that Merck can open up. Hmmm...looks like a good trade and 5 billion in the bank.

Exactly. I for one would like to welcome all Cubist employees to the wonderful world of Merck. Just smile, act like you care and everything will be fine. Just listen to other employees problems like a therapist and let the good times start. I sincerely look forward to meeting every female QA employee and especially managers.

Always your friend,
Halo

Our GI presence is a joke. GIs still don't know what Dificid is. Sivextro has sold about a thousand dollars worldwide. Entereg,... Even less. And your company just Overpaid by $2B-$3B for a future gram Neg that appears to have some holes in it, to say the least. But at least you got generic dapto. LOL

Thanks for making us all rich, you dumb SOBs.

Our CEO is laughing at you right now. And there's NOTHING you can do about it. Cha. Ching.

LOL

i wish cubist employees the best. The future will be a challenge for you!

And I wish Merck reps the best. Good luck to your future endeavors. The time for you clowns now to grow a set and find a REAL sales job is inevitable. Maybe you can join the rest of the world and try autonomy instead of relying on cluster bullshit selling. It doesn't work, folks and the docs are annoyed buy it. Autonomy selling is what the big boys do. Cluster selling is what lazy fuktards like Merck do. Pretending that your efforts actually made a difference. LOL. What a joke ! Try getting a territory thats actually YOURS and you driving selling and hitting your numbers without dragging some "yahoo" along with you for the ride. You will see the difference. The difference in pay, the difference in fulfillment, and the difference in motivation. You loser merck reps should try it sometime.

Good luck!

The average Cubist sales rep (CBM) can sell circles around Merck MANAGERS. Probably even Merck executives!

They are indeed lucky to have us. We should actually get raises.