• Thurs news: Novo Nordisk’s port strike distribution plan. Arcus/AZ renal cancer trial. Lilly weight loss drugs no longer in shortage. Difficulties of a CVS breakup. Google and Biontech AI lab assistants. See more on our front page

Massive layoff predictions?

anonymous

How long before a big reorg is used to try to prop up stock price?

Immunology and aesthetics were super soft in Q1. If that continues the street is gonna freak that the post Humira plan was/is bogus.

Hopefully things stabilize.

<

I know it’s fun to speculate as I’m here. But divisions are growing and needed to make up for the bleeding. Nothing can replace Humira but as long as the other core units are in growth mode, layoffs just don’t make sense soon for divisions required to produce. Trimming areas like Womens Health and Eye Care make the most sense because there is no future in those segments

I’m quite interested to see what happens.

per what’s public domain, Abbvie has one of the weakest pipelines in big pharma and ranks dead last in the proportion of profits spent on R&D.

Upa and Riza will try to make up for H. They look to fall short, but will bridge some of the gap. But the clock is ticking on their IP and more competitors launch all the time.

What is the long term plan? Just sit at a middling stock price while all the IP evaporates away?

I’m quite interested to see what happens.

per what’s public domain, Abbvie has one of the weakest pipelines in big pharma and ranks dead last in the proportion of profits spent on R&D.

Upa and Riza will try to make up for H. They look to fall short, but will bridge some of the gap. But the clock is ticking on their IP and more competitors launch all the time.

What is the long term plan? Just sit at a middling stock price while all the IP evaporates away?
too many schmuck sales people cut them all!