Manager base pay

The name sounds familiar. He got fired from Argon Medical when it got acquired by BD for non performance. I took his job.

I was Sixto's manager at Argon. He was not fired for non performance. On the contrary, he was the #4 (of 42) representative in the country. If I could I would rehire him in a heartbeat. Please be mindful that his separation agreement is to remain confidential. Best to not comment so recklessly about something that didn't involve you.

The name sounds familiar. He got fired from Argon Medical when it got acquired by BD for non performance. I took his job.

Argon did not get acquired by BD. Argon is owned by an equity firm in Chicago. They purchased a portion of BDs portfolio in 2010 to give themselves better international distribution. That was common knowledge within Argon. I doubt you were the one who took his job if you don't know who owns your company.

Re: Manager base pay or some crazy ponzi scheme??

Argon did not get acquired by BD. This was a ponzi scheme with Argon that is owned by an equity firm in Chicago. They purchased a portion of BDs portfolio in 2010 to give themselves better international distribution. That was common knowledge within Argon. I doubt you were the one who took his job if you don't know who owns your company.

They were just purchased by Massage Envy SPA. What a merger!

130-175k, depending on experience.

Pharma is paying that... and startups are exceeding that FOR REP POSITIONS! So... I hope you're gettin' a boatload of equity. Otherwise, why would you want that absolute worst position in med/Pharma sales? Not to mention The Peter Principle is usually in full effect. Remember, just because you were a solid rep doesn't mean you'll be any good as a manager.

I don't work for your company, or know what you sell...but I know the pay bands, so grab whichever fits you best below:

Primary care drug: mgr with no prior exp - 88-100k; prior exp - 100-112k
Specialty drug: total range - 115-145k
Biotech: total range 125-170k

If you're a braggart of a manager who gets a hard on with your great salary (seems like a few on this board, based on the responses): consider there are reps (see below; those you see in polo shirts, no ties, or in scrubs) who make more than you, without having to be a glorified babysitter:

biotech rep: 95-115k, plus larger IC plans (36-60k) = total comp 130-175k starting, plus options in many cases.
med device rep: 100-155k, plus unlimited IC once weened off of salary - 2 years out, could be making total IC of 155-300+

Hope this helps. As you Pharma folks says, "good / happy selling out there"
Wrong - biotech rep here at another company. My base is now 161k (not the garbage 95-115k stated0.

I don't work for your company, or know what you sell...but I know the pay bands, so grab whichever fits you best below:

Primary care drug: mgr with no prior exp - 88-100k; prior exp - 100-112k
Specialty drug: total range - 115-145k
Biotech: total range 125-170k

If you're a braggart of a manager who gets a hard on with your great salary (seems like a few on this board, based on the responses): consider there are reps (see below; those you see in polo shirts, no ties, or in scrubs) who make more than you, without having to be a glorified babysitter:

biotech rep: 95-115k, plus larger IC plans (36-60k) = total comp 130-175k starting, plus options in many cases.
med device rep: 100-155k, plus unlimited IC once weened off of salary - 2 years out, could be making total IC of 155-300+

Hope this helps. As you Pharma folks says, "good / happy selling out there"

I’m a rep in biotech after 7 Successful yrs in Big Pharma. Base is high 130’s...IC is 35k at plan....quarterly spiffs around an additional 5k (hit it my first 2 qtrs but suspended for COVID)....and RSU’s. It is my understanding I’m on the lower end on base which is fair considering my level of experience relative to peers at my company.