Major layoff being announced on 6/30

can you be more specific? I pray for a layoff as I have little to do and honestly it is excruciating to try and pretend that I do. Two people in a limited access territory is horrific . I actually like to work but this environment is not conducive to that- so sad but true.

As just another shmoe, let me hazard a guess on the above thread about Oncology. Announcement will be that all oncology will revert back to Medimmune and will be a wholly owned subsidiary of AZ. So all Zeneca people that were oncology for years will stop earning towards their pension. I can imagine several of those people retiring and going quietly into the night which is exactly what "they" want.

As just another shmoe, let me hazard a guess on the above thread about Oncology. Announcement will be that all oncology will revert back to Medimmune and will be a wholly owned subsidiary of AZ. So all Zeneca people that were oncology for years will stop earning towards their pension. I can imagine several of those people retiring and going quietly into the night which is exactly what "they" want.

There aren't many ex Zeneca pensioners still around but those that are will be gone before the end of the year. Packages will be offered but still all will end up unemployed. If you still want to work then I would begin to network for other opportunities. Could be a sweet deal basically drawing two paychecks for several more years.

If this is the planned announcement, it won't just effect those with a defined pension. Every AZ employee that reverts to MedImmune will have an adverse effect on their benefits. Just ask those AZ folks that applied for the recent biologics positions.

If this is the planned announcement, it won't just effect those with a defined pension. Every AZ employee that reverts to MedImmune will have an adverse effect on their benefits. Just ask those AZ folks that applied for the recent biologics positions.

Yea, nice that they didn't mention that until they offered up the job.

Haha!! You realize those are for external candidates only? So if you get let go at the same time
an opening occurs in oncology in your area, don't bother applying for it, you will be SOL.
A few internal will get the biologics jobs but nowhere near the 50% sales teams were led to believe. That 50% includes MedImmune candidates. Zero AZ candidates will get the oncology jobs let alone the job. This place is a GIANT POS.

op again. You have to admit it was funny. One thread and everyone starts to freak out and come up with stupid ideas on who was getting cut. My point for doing this was to show you how stupid this site can be and how people panic over one thread posted. I will tell you one thing that is true. Patients on invokana are losing their feet and digits. have a great night and enjoy your drinks